New to Forum and BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum and BMW

Well just got my car last weekend, figured i should introduce my self. Got an 85 318i. So far all I really have planned for it is a lower suspension, rewire the stereo with components, and tuck the bumpers. Finishing up painting a set of basketweaves. Ill get some pics up tomorrow with them on.

Sorry bout the bad interior pic, I'll get a better one after I clean it up a bit. Any other things you guys would suggest doing?

That looks pretty rough, but seems you have the right idea. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

welcome to r3v. get to work on that thing!! looks like a good start

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Got it for 650, looks like it was broken into through the trunk and the drivers door lock. I found some amp wires done up pretty bad when I was lookin at the harness so it would make that a logical assumption on the damage. The odometer says 132K but not sure how long it hasn't worked, gonna be ordering the gears maybe this weekend. At first I didn't have a key that worked in the doors, but got the new cylinder today so they all work now.

Its a work in progress. Pretty much needed something to get me to work.

Comment

Oh and I also need to get rid of that exhaust. Really annoying sound, like a rough, ricey sound.

Comment

Yea, those are towards the top of my list. I'm a student so it will be slow progress till I start working and getting that extra money.

Comment

welcome
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome! It's not a bad start, and for 650 if it runs, it's a good deal. leave the exhaust for now and just focus on maintenance. Do the timing belt and give it a good tune up. The exhaust can wait.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                  leave the exhaust for now and just focus on maintenance. Do the timing belt and give it a good tune up. The exhaust can wait.
                  Going to have to agree here. You can deal with the rice for now. Do a tune up, and if you happen to come upon a deal, jump on it. But you have other priorities right now.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Looks rough but it has potential. Don't let the M10 get you down though, they really are fun to thrash as I have one myself. What kind of suspension setup are you looking to run?
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

welcomehave you been to any or the meet out here yet for euros? The car looks good for the price. Check Craigslist out here there is usually some good deals on parts. Also join azbmw.org some pretty cool people on there and another place to find parts.

Comment

Originally posted by brian90 View Post
                        welcomehave you been to any or the meet out here yet for euros? The car looks good for the price. Check Craigslist out here there is usually some good deals on parts. Also join azbmw.org some pretty cool people on there and another place to find parts.
                        This is true, I'm already a member on there. Good place to be.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Welcome. Since you're a local you should check out azbmw.org if you haven't already.

Those wheels look exactly like a set I bought and sold years ago and I don't recall where they ended up.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                            What kind of suspension setup are you looking to run?
                            I haven't looked into much yet. I'm thinking of just getting some sport springs and/or e90 spring plate. I'll do more research of what to get when it gets to that.

Originally posted by brian90 View Post
                            The only "meet" that I've been to was the pavilion a couple weeks ago when I still had my Z. There's a couple things on craigslist that I want to pick up if they're still available when I get paid. I'm just awaiting activation on azbmw.

I'll be taking some pics tonight with my other rims on.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              Looks rough but it has potential. Don't let the M10 get you down though, they really are fun to thrash as I have one myself. What kind of suspension setup are you looking to run?
                              this, you can get alot more power if you put on a nicely sized turbo;)
                              Also if you want, I can give you my bottlecaps for cheap with 4 brand new tires, that is if you don't have any other wheels.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Working...
                              X