I dont get the black wheel hate at all... I love them. car looks great

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    mine

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I think so. I didn't spray it myself, I just did a lot of the prep and the cut/polish after. I actually made them reblend a few places because it was a lot darker. the cans I've gotten from paintscratch.com were always a dead match though.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    I love sterling silver 318is's!

btw, my car was partially painted with PPG paint as well, and it definitely came out darker than stock. Interesting. If I have it painted again, I'll try a different paint.
    any pictures? did you use urethane base coat and clear coat stages?

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I love sterling silver 318is's!

btw, my car was partially painted with PPG paint as well, and it definitely came out darker than stock. Interesting. If I have it painted again, I'll try a different paint.

Leave a comment:

• BoxDriver86
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
    Hey Stephen,

I talked to my paint guy, he said that the paint used is "the new envirobase from PPG it's a mix from the factory paint code sprayed in waterbase base coat with a high solid clear coat.. we picked the prime alternate out of like 3-4 choices..so it shoul be real close to the factory color as we used the cars paint code.. the waterbase paints have a real high sparkle we find.."
    This stuff is really nice to shoot and finishes up well. Car looks great!

Leave a comment:

• 240zs30
    replied
    Sweet looking car. I like the black contrast with that lip. I had black wheels on my car and I did not like but it works on yours.

Leave a comment:

• e30nub
    replied
    Absolutely! I'd recommend heading to Healdsburg and speaking with Lee about it. My car is currently there to get some stuff fixed and the iS skirts put on, you'll probably see it around somewhere; you can laugh at the Sparco in the interior. It looks ridiculous.
    haha! Will do! I'll let you know how things go.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Bowers
    replied
    Absolutely! I'd recommend heading to Healdsburg and speaking with Lee about it. My car is currently there to get some stuff fixed and the iS skirts put on, you'll probably see it around somewhere; you can laugh at the Sparco in the interior. It looks ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• e30nub
    replied
    I didn't specify an OEM respray. They have a shop in Santa Rosa, and Windsor now, and would give you a quote I'm sure. I honestly don't remember the price. Lee (the owner) is a good friend of mine, and they back all of their work with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recommend them enough.

I honestly have no clue.
    Thanks! I'll be back in that area this weekend so I'll have to swing by there. I'll let em know I got recommended by you...if that's alright of course.

Leave a comment:

• eur04lif3
    replied
    Originally posted by Raxe View Post
    Car looks great!

Leave a comment:

• bmedw
    replied
    very nice, the wheels looks good!

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    your interior looks so nice

Leave a comment:

• Ian Bowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    I have the silver centers, and i like them much more than the black centers.

Also, did you know that a disc with a diameter of 5.5" fits very well in the middle of these wheels? :) It covers the multi lug, and simplifies the look. I made mine out of aluminum. (not wheels in sig)
    Yeah, I ordered mine in a rush (needed wheels) and all they had were black.

I had no idea about the cover, but I don't mind too much. I'm inside the car most of the time.

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
    How much did it run you? I'm local to there and I've been looking for a good place. Kinda scares me you went in for an OEM respray and came out with the wrong color.
    I didn't specify an OEM respray. They have a shop in Santa Rosa, and Windsor now, and would give you a quote I'm sure. I honestly don't remember the price. Lee (the owner) is a good friend of mine, and they back all of their work with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recommend them enough.

Originally posted by Cal
    How much lower than standard is this car?
    I honestly have no clue.

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
    I dont know what your plans are, but the Sealed beam lights arnt really bothering me, and like you said, you dont want to attract attention!
    car looks SUPERB.
    They'll be replaced by ellipsoids when I have the extra cash, but right now any money I have is going towards the little Eaton M62 I have to put on.

Thanks for the compliments!

Leave a comment:

• Tree18is
    replied
    I dont know what your plans are, but the Sealed beam lights arnt really bothering me, and like you said, you dont want to attract attention!
    car looks SUPERB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X