No announcement yet.

New here... my first e30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your first e30 is an m3? wtf! why did your mom and dad let you get an m3 before a 325 or 318?
    mine made me start with a 318i to make me prove i could take care of a m3.
    kind of like getting the gold fish before you get a dog. if you kill the gold fish no dog for you.
    not fare!
    the good thing is, judging by your post, you will do a very good job of taking care of this gold fish!

welcome to r3v. never give up, never surrender!
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3 View Post
      lol i have to agree with you too.i take one pink!!!!!!! probably only car you could have pink and guys still say dam love that car.
      i herd the compressor is 1,300 bucks maybe thats new
      well thats what the guy told me who i bought it since it has one.
      i'm in California so need ac some states maybe don't need it.
      you see the photos my engine bay?
      it needs some detailing.
      the valve cover is new but the intake loots shitty.
      wish they sprayed the trunk and under hood too since it was resprayed taken down to metal.
      what your plans for your car in future?
      you keeping it stock?
      I want mine stock but i do like the evo rear wing.
      i also love the dtm wheels white!
      i didn't get the rs wheels he wanted 1,600 more so he put back oem basket weaves.i sure love the EVO 3 but i need to be happy with what i got!
      i will pay off the loan save up to rebuild the motor sue it will need it someday.
      I saw 2 e30 m3's on the road last week.one white one black i couldn't stop staring i almost snapped my neck.
      funny thing is 3 years back when i was modding out my e36 i saw them at the shop and thought how sick looking.I also thought my e36 is so much faster.
      i remember seeing the prices and talking crap about the e30 m3 over priced.
      I guess i was jealous cause i wanted one too.
      I have a 360 hp m3 e36.
      but speed isn't everything it seems its never fast enough so never satisfied .
      the e36 m is a great car .
      just the e30 m3 racing history and the fact it was built for the track first.
      the body is just so sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      coolest part is its stock from bmw.
      Its not like i like wide body kits and put it on this car came that way!!!!!!!!!
      well hope we can help each other out and lear about these cars.
      first thing i would do to your car besides the saddle soap and dye on the seats.Is go out buy all the tune up parts.drain all fluids and flush since it sat.
      get new,spark plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter,oil change,radiator flush,thermostat,if it has pionts put in pointless ignition,get some new fuel in her,air filter,flush break fluid,replace all hoses,check brake pads, adjust valves
      and i hope she fires up and runs great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        i don't believe you. Everything you said above goes against my experience at r3v. link to thread with said flameage?
        heres a quot after i told local guys about my purchase
        "I don't like that car but to each his own.
        "yeah im on the same boat. i prefer the normal e30 body. not a huge fan of the e30 m3 flares. still a bad ass car though.
        "i dont see what the point of you having a 30k-60k car in 5 years has anything to do with people not liking the m3. the flares look too aftermarket. and now you are assuming we cant afford a car and thats why we dont like it which in my opinion makes you a dumbass.

if i wanted to buy an m3 i wouldve bought one. but like i said i dont like the styling. the money has nothing to do with it. you are just sad cuz atleast 2 people on the forum arent feeding your ego because of the car you have to wait 3 weeks to get. lol.

oh there is more to status and success than the car you drive. just an FYI.
        "I respect your views man, don't get it twisted but your comment is the exact reason why I don't like the e30 m3. You sort of become part of this elite priks group that own m3s, making them feel like they are better than the non M car owners as if it's out of reach $$$ money wise. You know there's lots of guys with non M cars that have spent way more money on their cars, believe me I've had the opportunity to own one, hell I got another e30 m3 on sight that I can buy for 5k and it's in running condition and very similar to yours. I'm just not that interested."Wow this is quite the bbq here. I will say that I passed on an aw m3 before my 325 and I don't regret it at all. I wanted something that I could tinker with and not worry about decreasing value or parking in public lots. still I'm biased bc I'm a college student and still have tuition+ restricted income, so I would have been stretched. Regardless, I couldn't justify $10k worth of difference. However, it's an icon of a car and really turns heads. I say nice purchase and a pretty good deal.congrats.
        __________________"Dinan, let's start with the retarted part first. You've spent too much money on your e36 M3 and way too much to get your e30 to a good running condition right? I get very confused when im tryin to disect your comments but I never called you a prik or a retard at all, I don't care that much for the e30M3 but if you want to call me out on it and put an easy extra 10k in my hands fuck it. I'll call the seller tomorrow, pay the 5k and sell it to you for 15k on monday.
        "I don't like the m3 either for two reason. I don't like the trunk or rear cap. And I don't want a car I have to worry about. I can drive my car like I stole it cause if I wreck it I can find a cheap shell for pennies to swap everything over. I passed on two m3's and could have easily bought both the ones I passed on with the money I dumped in to my car. And spending stupid amounts of money on a $1k car is only dumb you don't plan on keeping the car forever. Wanting a car cause its worth more is kinda high school in my book. And its not like your getting it to track it. I'll take a turbo s52 e39 touring over any m3 except a CSL

this just some the stuff they said when all i started with is saying i'm getting a e30 m3?
        funny thing is another guy posted his new car and it was a 325I crappy panint and they all said how great it is.another guy put up a photo of e30 m3 said look at this bad boy saw it at school?
        but for some reason he said negitive about my car and m3's
        ow well go figure.
        these same guys hated on my 1988 stroker and e36 dinan supercharged so
        yes i got pissed?anyways thats my problem but you asked so there yo go
        thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strelok View Post
          ow well it begins ever here i guess guys just don't like how i spell and type lol
          i don't want drama but shouldn't i defend myself

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3 View Post
            heres a quot after i told local guys about my purchase
            "I don't like that car but to each his own.
            "yeah im on the same boat. i prefer the normal e30 body. not a huge fan of the e30 m3 flares. still a bad ass car though.
            "i dont see what the point of you having a 30k-60k car in 5 years has anything to do with people not liking the m3. the flares look too aftermarket. and now you are assuming we cant afford a car and thats why we dont like it which in my opinion makes you a dumbass.
            Show me the thread. I find it hard to believe that e30 lovers here said that.... in fact, hold on, I will find it.
            EDIT. I reduced your sensless banter when I realized who you were. You are that troll in the Socal forum that argues with everyone. You also own 3 bmws, so congrats. Oh, and you don't own an e36m3. Trust me.
            OP, great start, have fun, I am glad the wife likes it, it is important to include her opinion in purchases such as these, there are tons of e30m3 owners on here that can help you along the road to restoration. sadly, I doubt Dinanm3 is one of them.
            Rich
            Last edited by delatlanta1281; 10-20-2010, 10:07 AM.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Alright, that's enough.

;)
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

It most certainly is.
                I want to see your Saab btw. My wife loves them. An 87 Saab was her car in college, and she wants one so badly.
                Also, If you can source the original tape deck, i have a buddy who can convert your entire system to an Ipod driven one without sacrificing the original looks. He is planning to do that to my MK1 gti. resto project (for my wife).
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

Ah man another badass e30 in Tacoma, AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                    I want to see your Saab btw.
                    Now you've done it. :D

Mag feature p1-2: http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgaller...99/page1_2.png
                    P3-4: http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgaller...99/Page3_4.png
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Awesome find, OP! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :D
                      -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                      Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                      Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                      Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                      Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        One of the illest looking dinosaur heads ever.
                        PS, you should totally sell Dinanm3 that "center lug" setup. He may even buy the rims as well ;)
                        Last edited by delatlanta1281; 10-20-2010, 10:57 AM.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh boy, here it comes again. Op, nice find and good post! Unfortunately it's about to become an OT battleground..
                          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                            Now you've done it. :D

That's a sweet picture man. Rainier is gorgeous, and that's a badass Saab.

Oh, and that m3 ain't bad either ;)

Comment

Nice find for $7500 there sir. Henna is THE most righteous color on an E30 IMO.

Like the color of the wife's Saab too.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                                Show me the thread. I find it hard to believe that e30 lovers here said that.... in fact, hold on, I will find it.
                                EDIT. I reduced your sensless banter when I realized who you were. You are that troll in the Socal forum that argues with everyone. You also own 3 bmws, so congrats. Oh, and you don't own an e36m3. Trust me.
                                OP, great start, have fun, I am glad the wife likes it, it is important to include her opinion in purchases such as these, there are tons of e30m3 owners on here that can help you along the road to restoration. sadly, I doubt Dinanm3 is one of them.
                                Rich
                                this is what i suspected. The only way you could possibly get flamed for having an E30 M3 on this forum is if you are a dousche.

Comment

Working...
                                X