No announcement yet.

My iX + what i've done so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought brand new Alpina mats from Mel. I bought this Alpina decal that goes in the trunk.

DSC03228 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03434 by m3raul, on Flickr
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

It bothers me that you are doing so many of the things I want to do to my ix. ;)

For the smiley low beams are they just plug and play into the standard ellipsoids minus the driving lights? Do they use the same brackets? I have euro grills but have been meaning to get a nice set of smileys.

BTW what are the two buttons next to the hazards and defrost, one says Don't Panic lol?

You should get some sort of rear deck lid spoiler, I think just a body color is spoiler would look nice.
      Last edited by TehRaydarlover; 01-13-2014, 08:46 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
      Rear Diff Rebuild
      Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
      Transfer Case Rebuild
      "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
        It bothers me that you are doing so many of the things I want to do to my ix. ;)

For the smiley low beams are they just plug and play into the standard ellipsoids minus the driving lights? Do they use the same brackets? I have euro grills but have been meaning to get a nice set of smileys.

BTW what are the two buttons next to the hazards and defrost, one says Don't Panic lol?

You should get some sort of rear deck lid spoiler, I think just a body color is spoiler would look nice.
        LOL ha, u noticed those buttons. They do say "Don't Panic" & "Oil Slick" I also have an "Eject" sticker over the window lock button on the console w/ a pic of a guy getting thrown off his seat. I'm corny like i guess....but the console buttons are getting pulled off, to put the volt meter in place of it.

I actually thought about a spoiler, but had one on my last iX in the pic below. I wanted to keep this trunk wingless....but who knows, i may cave in for a different one down the road.

www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Btw the euro ellipsoids I think fit into the us brackets. The plugs are different so im going to have to cut and splice the wiring so the euro plugs/pigtails work. The city lights I'm going to wire to the parking light wiring.
          #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

lol that's funny. I was like wut, he has four buttons?!?! Yeah our exteriors are pretty similar, minus the Alpinas do want! It just looks like its missing something, the spoiler would complete it IMO.

Cool, defiantly post pics on how you wired the city lights.

Do you like the clear turn signals? One of mine has a star crack in it and I've been thinking about getting clear ones, but still kinda hesitant. lol big mod right?

What strut brace do you have?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
            Rear Diff Rebuild
            Transfer Case Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
              Btw the euro ellipsoids I think fit into the us brackets. The plugs are different so im going to have to cut and splice the wiring so the euro plugs/pigtails work. The city lights I'm going to wire to the parking light wiring.
              Levent has a pigtail and connector kit that works great. There's a way to modify the turn signal connectors as well rather than cut the harness - check the lighting section. If your smilies aren't new you want to make sure the adjusters are in decent shape. I needed all new adjuster screws and the plastic retainers.
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                Levent has a pigtail and connector kit that works great. There's a way to modify the turn signal connectors as well rather than cut the harness - check the lighting section. If your smilies aren't new you want to make sure the adjusters are in decent shape. I needed all new adjuster screws and the plastic retainers.
                i copped a set from ebay...i used ebay ones before when i went from sealed beams to US ellipsoids, and I was happy w/ them. Thanks tho!

Ridin' dirty

and a clean pic from 2 summers ago
                Last edited by audiquattrot; 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM.
                #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Got hit by (hammered) drunk driver Friday evening 8pm in Jersey City, on my way to Vermont for the wkend.

Fortunately the damage to my car was minimal considering the circumstances. Was making a left turn waiting for oncoming traffic to pass....guy clips the rear corner.

Here's the kicker....he opened his car door and 2 empty beer cans fell out. He tried to leave the scene and I followed him wo him knowing since he was stumbling all over the place. He couldn't carry a conversation. Called 911 and they were down there within 5 mins....I had followed him into a bank by this time.

Pic below is him getting arrested. They found about 4 more empty beer cans in his car. He had no license and was driving a minivan w Florida tags....which was impounded.

#snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Jeezz that sucks, hope you and the car are all right!

Build Thread
                    Rear Diff Rebuild
                    Transfer Case Rebuild

Comment

fuuuk! it never ends, does it :evil:

E46t

Comment

Sucks man! Sorry to hear. Any pics of damage?

Comment

Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
                          Jeezz that sucks, hope you and the car are all right!
                          Originally posted by leegf View Post
                          fuuuk! it never ends, does it :evil:
                          Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                          Sucks man! Sorry to hear. Any pics of damage?
                          thanks guys. I have the worst luck as many of you guys know....but thankfully no one was hurt. The damage was only isolated to the rear corner of the bumper (much like a parking graze)....so the euro trim side/rear were damaged...and a little paint scuff.
                          #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

20inches of fresh powder up in the Catskills (Windham Mt). Took off work Friday, drove up Thurs night....and got the best conditions I've ever experienced in the east coast. Waist deep powder. The iX trudged thru w/o a hiccup

#snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

awesome pic. ground clearance isn't an issue?

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                                awesome pic. ground clearance isn't an issue?
                                never had an issue with clearance once this season! I always take off my iS lip & splitter every winter. That would've been long gone if i kept it on.
                                #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                                X