Video from Watkins Glen International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video from Watkins Glen International

Did my first driving school, it was a 2 day with the SCDA at Watkins Glen in upstate NY. Had a blast. it was better than sex. This video is the 2nd to last session of the 8 total over the weekend, its the first lap out, starting out slow coming out of the pits into a hot lap. They bumped me from novice to intermediate for the next school. I learned so damn much i cant even explain it. it was amazing. pushing myself and my car to the edge was just a feeling i cant explain, everyone needs to get on the track.

<--right click, save as please.
    Dan

Did it on the Kopis? Looks like alot of fun, I can tell hp AND torque does look like more fun too. :)

I noticed the yellow E36 took off like a rocket, insane. Elises look good in that orange. My brother in law just went back to Nashville with his racing green, I won't see it till he gets back from Iraq for the second time. :(
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

yep, kopis with es100's, more than enough grip for me. ran 42 psi in front, 44 in rear.
      Dan

Comment

Awesome man, that sure as hell looked like fun. I had a friend that went to driving school and got stuck with a purple car lol...
        -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
        1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
        1991 Alpine 318iS

Comment

Looks like a fucking blast Dan. The driving isn't too shabby either.

I've got to get myself out on the track.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
            Looks like a fucking blast Dan. The driving isn't too shabby either.

I've got to get myself out on the track.
            We should all arrange one for June/July...get all the NE guys to go. F1 Boston? Fuck F1, let's do it in REAL cars this time around... :)

Comment

racing on tracks is so fuunnnn

Comment

the glen is awesome. i've gone there every year since i was 2 for the vintage races, sometimes the porsche races (my cousin races a widebody 914 too). I drove a lap of it in my dads 240z. Hoping to have my car on there this year for the syracuse z fest
                Originally posted by blunt
                can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

amazing, very nice. i could watch that all day!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                    the glen is awesome. i've gone there every year since i was 2 for the vintage races, sometimes the porsche races (my cousin races a widebody 914 too). I drove a lap of it in my dads 240z. Hoping to have my car on there this year for the syracuse z fest
                    they're doing a shitload of nascar there now, they redid the whole track, re-paved, extended the runoff's etc... you should check it out now.
                    Dan

Comment

i hate what nascar has done to watkins glen. the area at least. they cut up all the camping area to make slots for trailers for nascar fans. they f'ed up a lot of stuff for them, including cutting some of the greenery, etc.

there's a z convention in syracuse this year, they're doing a track day as part of it. I just need to get my car on the road by then. I had everything set for it financially, but I was not anticipating buying this touring by any means.

i won't be able to get the motor i wanted in there, but i should still have the paint/suspension/brakes, and hopefully the cage. either way, I'll be on the track with some car.
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

DE

.thanks for the vid!; its so hard to tell people how awesome tracking is but saying its better than sex is not far off!
                        Your "thank you wave's" made me smile as I know you are just being polite to those you are passing but I thought instructor was going to smack you. He seemed pretty good from what I could tell.....that was your first DE ever?....any planned at Lime Rock?.....maybe we'll hook up there 1 day..........Ive been to WGI often to watch vintage stuff but never ran there......looks very fast.....
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

they actually encourage you to thank you wave the person you pass, as a sign you acnolage them, i thought it was wierd too, but i did what i was told. it was my first real HPDE. i have one at limerock mid june with SCDA. and WGI is very fast. you hit max speed in two places if you come out of the esses fast enough, and if you come out into the front straight fast enough, not total top speed in the front, but like 125ish, max out on the back striaght though, at least with my gearing, so yes, its a fast track. Fast club racers do the 3.4 miles of track in 2:05 minutes. with 11 corners. not too shabby.
                          Dan

Comment

Looks like fun, I'd love to drive the Glen sometime. Next time you're on track, try not shuffle steering. You'll have way more feel and then you'll have a point of refrence if things go sideways (pun intended :P ). Just remember, Smooth is Fast!
                            -Ted

Comment

absolutely, i actually didnt know i was shuffle steering until my final session of my last day ( i watched my video) so i worked on it that session, next driving event, that's going to be my main focus.
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X