Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New(ish) Member: '89 is (56k Friendly) Who still uses 56k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New(ish) Member: '89 is (56k Friendly) Who still uses 56k?

Picked up a 1989 325is in NC a couple of months back to replace my e36 M3, as I needed some $$$ after my first home purchase and a recent engagement. :eeek:

I'm a regular on BF.c and know a few of the ATL-area e30 guys, so be nice. Anyway, here she was when I first got her, complete with a Kryloned driver door and 17" chromies:

Then 15x7" Kosies:

How she sits now, after GC coilovers, new lip and "de-pinstriping:"

One more...I work for Butler Tire in ATL and couldn't help but post this one with a 28" tire... :pimp:

She'll be my daily driver until I (hopefully) get the fiancee a Cooper S and I'll take her e36, making the e30 my track warrior. Anyway, I look forward to hanging out here more and learning a little bit more about these things!

Oh yeah, FWIW, this thing is honest-to-God more fun to drive than my e36 M3 ever was...

that friggin tire is a behemoth (sp?). nice car, very clean. glad you got that drop too!
    Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Hey! Welcome! How did you like it versus the m3 on Sunday's drive? I had to go pick up some parts for the eta and I was sick so I couldn't make it :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine
        Hey! Welcome! How did you like it versus the m3 on Sunday's drive? I had to go pick up some parts for the eta and I was sick so I couldn't make it :evil:
        I actually led in Anna's car because my brakes are shit and I need new dampers.

You need to stop by and hear her now, 'cause I just got a Magnaflow custom exhaust put on and she sounds badass!

Comment

I still haven't even seen it in person. I want to hear the exhaust too, I wonder if it sounds the same as mine...
          Jamie Webster
          '89 325is - sold :(
          '96 Miata - sold
          '01 M5 - sold
          '02 Civic Si

Comment

Way too low in the rear, other than that, looks nice.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              Way too low in the rear, other than that, looks nice.
              Heh. It's not that low anymore...those pics were with the co's at full-drop. I just wanted to see what it looked like.

This is what it's like now (not that you can really tell a difference, but oh well...)

Comment

where in NC did u get it? and if you dont mind askin, how much? I was lookin for an 89+ is forever...but 'settled' for an 87

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty
                  where in NC did u get it? and if you dont mind askin, how much? I was lookin for an 89+ is forever...but 'settled' for an 87
                  Got it from a guy an hour north of Charlotte...Hell, I can't remember the city. And I paid $3,600 for it...one-owner, 140k, not bad, methinks!

Comment

Very nice Geordie, finally dropped the Purple Pig. :D
                    Trevor Ely
                    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerDawg
                      You need to stop by and hear her now, 'cause I just got a Magnaflow custom exhaust put on and she sounds badass!
                      did u go with a universal dual in/dual out? and if so, did u get tips welded on? b/c i know that the dual in dual outs that magnaflow sells dont have any tips welded on. also which model muffler did u get. thanks
                      -cary
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I <3 white e30s.
                        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I was bummed that I couldn't see it last weekend. It looks sooo good. :up:
                          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Nice looking car!

Is your driver side door a different shade of white than the rest of the car, or is it some kind of lighting thing?

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                              did u go with a universal dual in/dual out? and if so, did u get tips welded on? b/c i know that the dual in dual outs that magnaflow sells dont have any tips welded on. also which model muffler did u get. thanks
                              -cary
                              Yep, it's the dual-in/dual-out universal muffler and the guy welded tips on and did a pretty good job matching the slant of the stockers. Not sure of the model, though...but it DOES so awesome with a nice increase in power...

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                              Is your driver side door a different shade of white than the rest of the car, or is it some kind of lighting thing?
                              It is a replacement door that the PO put on and Kryloned. I have a real original white door from an '89 that I haven't had time to hang yet, but plan on doing soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X