Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I tried to take the e30 out in the snow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
    your car looks great, very purposeful.

i got stuck in a freak snowstorm once on es100s in my e30, ha. it was brutal, the car felt like it was on ice skates. :D
    Thanks! They feel like ice skates in the dry on my car. I am convinced they are the worst tires ever produced.

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
    Nice awesome Car and

Looks Like a nice Cozy House
    Thanks!

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
    Uhhhh, why wouldn't you just shovel first????

But seriously, that car looks amazing. Can't wait for progress on the ITB's (is that still in the works?)

And thank you, for the black ducts, is lip, and is spoiler. That's how I had it on my alpine and i think it looks great.
    Well I was going for an undisturbed snow + e30 type picture. But I ended up shoveling (2x4-ing actually) to get the car back inside. ITB's are still a go, go sidetracked putting together a dd e28 though.

Originally posted by nando View Post
    ES100s are pretty awful in normal conditions, in snow they are less than useless. I think my Toyo R888s were better! haha

nice looking car though, you guys don't often get snow so I'd just leave it parked in the garage.
    Yes they are awful, I might as well have been on power wheels tires. E30 is def staying in the garage now

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    I'm guessing it's simply due to your car lacking power.
    Lol yes, i would have to agree. I think ill look into going FI so I can get around next time it snows

Originally posted by clarkbmw325is View Post
    Yep - we do live right near each other. I live right off the roundabout between West Sandtown and Villa Rica. Do you daily the e30 or would I see you in another DD?
    Ok yeah I've seen you mostly around that area. I used to daily a really low black e34 but now I'm usually in a gold slightly lifted land rover with metal bumpers.. my roommate has a black e39 m5, prob a bit more noticeable.
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I love your stance, those Azevs look incredible. What are the specs on your suspension?

Comment

Good god you have a gorgeous car.

I took the vert out lateee last night when there was about 6 inches. Blizzaks FTW!!! A Cop saw me and was about to come after me... Haha. That car is SO much fun to drive in the snow. Not as fun as the Subaru but a close second!
        Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
        That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
        Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
        no fat dudes. car will scrape
        Originally posted by Ryann
        Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Nice car! I'm in Athens and i played around a little as well! Good fun!

Comment

This is the reason why I didn't even try to go out in the E30. The 4Runner however had a great time in the snow.

Huff that pic of your car under the snow makes me sad.
            John

Comment

nice! all of my roomates haves suvs/trucks so i was able to get out the house...

Comment

damn global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by mathais43 View Post
                  I love your stance, those Azevs look incredible. What are the specs on your suspension?
                  its on Ground Controls with camber plates, 1.5" shortened housings, 550/750 rates

Thanks
                  Last edited by Jb325is; 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM.
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

The car looks great. Love the stance! can't wait for updates on the ITB's.. also I love how everybody but us in mid michigan seem to be getting snow for a change lol
                    sigpic

Comment

we have ALMOST the same username and almost the same car.. lol except i have a 318is

sigpic

Comment

car looks really good!
                        www.motoringspirit.com
                        Motoring Street Culture Couture. Street wear for enthusiasts.

Comment

i'm sure you'd be fine out there with some snow tires on it. looks good stranded, which is a plus.
                          ReverseOTL.
                          NewParts4sale.
                          PartsWanted.

Comment

We got a solid 7" and didn't have a problem.

Except I drive a bone stock 318 with a volvo lip.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
                            Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

We got 6" here, I've been driving a 260k mile volvo station wagon since Monday with zero problems. I could probably have driven the e30 if I really needed to but didn't feel like raising it up, taking off the lip, getting it dirty... etc. I am definitely missing driving it though
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Wow! How crazy! I was in US a couple of weeks ago. I landed in Orlando and drive a car all the way up to NYC, I can say that NYC was crazy! What a lot of snow! I almost crash on North Carolina because there was thin ice on the street.

When we went thru Atlanta it was still "hot", that was like on the 1st of Jan.

Comment

Working...
                                X