You are my alpine white twin

Comment

Originally posted by Tismael711 View Post
      Worthwhile thread. You do good work.
      Thanks!

Originally posted by Heyitzsushiboi View Post
      You are my alpine white twin
      and we have yet to meet.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Dude you friggin rock. Nice work!

Alpine white E39 ///M5 = Weekend Car.
        1991 Alpine white 325is = Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
          I initially started with this:

But it won't work because the board is different.

Get a remote-controlled garage opener like this one and open it up

Then solder the wires on the board.

Voila! No more fumbling for the garage door remote controller.

There is a caveat!

If your car has its doors unlocked and is in front of your residence and someone opens your car door and presses the button. Well, now someone has access to your garage. Or if the garage is connected to the home as well then someone has access to your garage AND your home.

I am building one that supplies 3 volts to the garage door remote from the cars existing 12 volt supply that is stepped down using a Linear Voltage Regulator. The 12 volt supply from the car will be connected to a relay that is only active once a switched 12 volts is applied from a source that is only active if the ignition is in the ACC or On position. This way if someone pressed the switch it would do nothing unless the key was turned to ACC or On .

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
            There is a caveat!

If your car has its doors unlocked and is in front of your residence and someone opens your car door and presses the button. Well, now someone has access to your garage. Or if the garage is connected to the home as well then someone has access to your garage AND your home.

I am building one that supplies 3 volts to the garage door remote from the cars existing 12 volt supply that is stepped down using a Linear Voltage Regulator. The 12 volt supply from the car will be connected to a relay that is only active once a switched 12 volts is applied from a source that is only active if the ignition is in the ACC or On position. This way if someone pressed the switch it would do nothing unless the key was turned to ACC or On .
            I don't think one could figure out easily what this button does? This is why I transferred the controller to a different button. Plus I lock the doors at night and have ADT and I don't live in a ghetto neighborhood.

More importantly, the garage door opener is for me to be able to park the E30 INSIDE the garage.
            Last edited by bernzpeed; 08-25-2012, 03:36 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            89 E30 S52
            Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Got Smileys Today

I like already. Comes with pigtails, city lights, crosshairs and smoked.

Not bad for $199.
              89 E30 S52
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

bernz, so much Fing hotness going on and but lacking wheels. srsly you need wheels+pics. im holding my breath!
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

hahaha, sorry, haven't had time. my brother sold his shop and relocating it to Hayward. so haven't gotten the time yet.
                  89 E30 S52
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

psha, excuses.

sorry 151 talking atm
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Keep up the good work. Nice deal on those smoked smileys.
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        psha, excuses.
                        sorry 151 talking atm
                        lol

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                        Keep up the good work. Nice deal on those smoked smileys.
                        thanks. i might regret them later on... they are brittle. broke of one part already.
                        89 E30 S52
                        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Nice Car!! idk if you already fixed your fogs but here's a DIY i found http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...hing-pics.html

Comment

Welcome Warioware and thank you! I already fixed the fogs a long time ago. They have HIDs now in them in yellow.
                            89 E30 S52
                            Transaction Feedback.

Comment

That cluster is pure sex.
                              EG Hatch- ITR Powered, 4 door Gs-R-stock, 89' 325i

Comment

Are we there yet?
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X