New to R3V but not to e30s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Motorsports
    replied
    Needs a huge drop. ASAP

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Well, I guess I am going with these wheels. I have the H&R sport springs just waiting on the sport Konis. As the weather gets better I will be working more on the car!



    Looks like the IX is going to take off! :D
    Last edited by 88e30ix; 04-08-2011, 04:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by SCapelo
    I saw this pop up on craigs not too long ago. I think lowering that car would defeat the purpose of the iX. I'd love to have an awd e30 for storms like the ones we've had almost every week this season. I say tackle all of the maintenance and make it a reliable daily, then find a 325i or iS to mod. I'm liking those wheels though, weigh your options out here. Those iX 5spd coupes are definitely becoming harder to come across.
    I am trying on the IX what I already have, doesn't mean I will use it. It does look good those wheels. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • SCapelo
    replied
    I saw this pop up on craigs not too long ago. I think lowering that car would defeat the purpose of the iX. I'd love to have an awd e30 for storms like the ones we've had almost every week this season. I say tackle all of the maintenance and make it a reliable daily, then find a 325i or iS to mod. I'm liking those wheels though, weigh your options out here. Those iX 5spd coupes are definitely becoming harder to come across.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Seriously? You may have owned 2 e30's before but you obviously never learned good taste or common sense.

    The tire you have on there is already short enough for your car, going any shorter/stretched will just make you have gobs more wheel gap then you already have.
    Plus being an ix its never ever really going to be low just compounding your tire size problem even more.
    Buddy! Relax!

    You obviously did not read my introduction on the 1st page, I said I was going to try to FIT these wheels. It does not say I will run these wheels! 15years ago internet was barely going, not many things available for many cars. Were you even driving any car. :yawn:
    Last edited by 88e30ix; 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    Originally posted by 88e30ix
    The wheel that I used is the one with the oversized tire, so that makes it look to stickeout more. If I had used one of the streched ones I think it will look nice.
    Seriously? You may have owned 2 e30's before but you obviously never learned good taste or common sense.

    The tire you have on there is already short enough for your car, going any shorter/stretched will just make you have gobs more wheel gap then you already have.
    Plus being an ix its never ever really going to be low just compounding your tire size problem even more.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    I need to sell the GLI soon to build my budget back up. I need those GC coilovers!

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhuffandpuff
    Some one doesn't know what it is like to ball on a budget :rofl: :roll:
    Hey J.,
    Do you like how it looks? The wheel that I used is the one with the oversized tire, so that makes it look to stickeout more. If I had used one of the streched ones I think it will look nice.
    Last edited by 88e30ix; 02-12-2011, 01:21 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhuffandpuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Is that supposed to be a lot?
    Some one doesn't know what it is like to ball on a budget :rofl: :roll:

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Is that supposed to be a lot?
    Yeah! $1100 just on wheels when there is a budget to stick by, that is alot!
    Last edited by 88e30ix; 02-11-2011, 12:59 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    Originally posted by 88e30ix
    After scraping the inside of a $280 wheel with the caliper......
    Is that supposed to be a lot?

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by couch.lock
    Not sure about those wheels. But I would say the car would need to be lowered before making a fair assumption.
    That is true!

    Leave a comment:


  • couch.lock
    replied
    Not sure about those wheels. But I would say the car would need to be lowered before making a fair assumption.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    Originally posted by Blendercloud
    Sticks out just a little too much. From the side those wheels look incredible though!
    I think even with a 5mm spacer still going to stick out a bit!
    I may end up selling these separate from the GLI!

    Leave a comment:


  • Blendercloud
    replied
    Sticks out just a little too much. From the side those wheels look incredible though!

    Leave a comment:

Working...