No announcement yet.

Styleprojekt's 89 Lachssilber Coupe Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your crankcase vent tube may be cracked, but more then likely your engine is just old and is sucking up oil from the crankcase. Also well to the Utah 2011 E30 madness club.

Comment

Hello Nomad. The first parts I replace were the vent hose that runs underneath the intake manifold and the intake boot. But after replacing those I still hear an obvious vacuum leak somewhere that I can't figure out, and oil is still being sucked up. The engine is old indeed so i may just be screwed and due for a rebuild either way since I do plan on eventually turbo-ing it.

Whats the Utah 2011 E30 madness club?
      Last edited by Styleprojekt; 02-14-2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hello again Nico (from the dA forum)!

Congrats on the E30 purchase! I picked one up a few weeks ago as well! :p It's been a blast to play with thus far.

-Schnell (John)
        Porsche Cayenne GTS, Land Cruisers, a 63 Cadillac and my S52 swapped E30 in Porsche orange.

Comment

Quick update, I went ahead and ordered everything to rebuild and replace every suspension component. I figured I may as well dive in head first since I am planning on driving this car in the spring and its been snowing a lot. So i got all new control arms, lollipops, coilovers, brakes, lines pads etc...basically the whole deal. Gonna drop the steering rack off tuesday to get it rebuilt.

Comment

I swapped out my front end with all new parts and the car handled so much better afterwards.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Don't rebuild your steering rack, go to the junkyard and get a e36 one. It's ten times better for the little modification that is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Styleprojekt View Post
                Yes Carlsson Evo 1/6.

The car idles rough, what would be the first thing to check for that issue
                If by rough you mean its goes up and down I'd deff replace the intake boot, under that tape it's probably cracked which is a common problem (happened to me) My idle would go from 400 to 2500 back down, I replaced the boot and now it runs like a... well very well. the smallest crack will cause your idle to go bonkers.

Comment

Hello Nomad. The first parts I replace were the vent hose that runs underneath the intake manifold and the intake boot. But after replacing those I still hear an obvious vacuum leak somewhere that I can't figure out, and oil is still being sucked up. The engine is old indeed so i may just be screwed and due for a rebuild either way since I do plan on eventually turbo-ing it.

Ok then heh. Smoke test it?

Comment

The A4 is ill. I loved my B5 S4 but man was it a pig compared to the e30, welcome to r3v!
                    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

my intake boot looks about the same as yours haha.

Comment

Wow nice job the the A4, now lets see the e30 do work
                        sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

More Pics of Audi!!!
                          (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                          1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Your intake manifold gasket might be blown by the fire wall. Take some carb cleaner and start spraying it in spots you might think theres a leak. The idle should change when you hit a leak. ;)

6287156541_32b0c468f4_z-1 by SoCalian_SD, on Flickr

Comment

I replaced the boot, the valve cover breather hose, cleaned my ICV, made sure all the hoses are intakt and properly connected but its still not idling well enough. I'm gonna take the intake manifold off next and inspect gaskets there.

Meanwhile, picked this up from the Junkyard for $100. With a little cleaning it will be perfect to replace my ugly tan and cracked dash

Also coming along on the brakes, still waiting for the SS lines and more suspension parts to throw it all back on :)

And since people asked, here is a picture of the Audi from a recent GTG

And some more when I used to have purple wheels

Last edited by Styleprojekt; 03-02-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Last ones, promise:
                                The ex and I cleaning our cars

Comment

Working...
                                X