Styleprojekt's 89 Lachssilber Coupe Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
    id rock one of those intake boots in a heartbeat... lol, serously who makes them??
    welcome to r3v...
    They are pretty rare, I'm gonna put this one up in the classifieds, $350 OBO. I was told by the previous owner that it adds about 13Hp/17Tq...yup

Comment

Originally posted by Styleprojekt View Post
      Haha whats up josh! When i saw a new reply by DrJosh for some reasons JoshDub popped right in my head. You need to make it out to Salt lake for July :D

Thanks for all the love guys.
      I still intend too! I just need to get the E30 back on the road. Weren't you looking for an IX for awhile? I think its funny we both had a B6 then bought a 2 door, 89, 325I(S) with an automatic.

I am in the process of an auto to manual swap. Its pretty straight forward as long as you have all of the parts.

That intake boot will sell for $350 easy. It looks like it may even have the dual layer duct tape under coating. That was a pricy option back in the day.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Im not kidding, this is the real deal and yes indeed it has the gray ductape 1st layer, so it is the version you are talking about. You really know your stuff

And I read up a bunch about the manual swap and plan on tackling that asap because it does look straight forward and easy to pull off if you have everything necessary. PM me your number I may have some questions about it either way though

Comment

You sir have a PM.

Comment

Welcome to r3v.

At least I know hwo DrJosh is now!

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

You can tell me, I'm a doctor.

It's like a B6 family reunion in here.

Comment

nice audi!
                i can tell your a car guy with experience because your list starts with "Make it a solid driver again," and not "with turbo it."
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

crazy looking audi

7speedshop.com

Comment

Welcome!

Very nice looking Audi!
                    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Nice Audi and clean looking specimen of an E30. Should be right as rain with a little care and a 5-Speed. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't respray it. Silver on an E30 can be epic.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

nice audi - I'm got a simlar paint scheme on vw

Comment

LACHSILBER ALL THE WAY!! if not alpine weiss always wins for me. if i could respray any bmw, i would do alpine wiess.
                          Originally posted by evandael
                          a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

also from a former VW/AUDI guy, dope ass b6... welcome to the E30 family
                            Originally posted by evandael
                            a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I tore pretty deep into the car yesterday because the underside of the engine is caked on with years of oil dripping. I noticed one major source seems to be coming out of the underside of the throttle body, that little black Bosh Box is covered in oil so it looks like oil is leaking from the actual throttle body. Where could this oil be coming from? I also noticed that the new Intake boot I installed already had little deposists of oil in the bends of the boot, and obviously the actual intake manifold had a light mist of oil everywhere...I couldnt locate the oil source by all the suggestions found on other threads...any suggestions?

I may be completely off with this so pardon my ignorance, but I read that a vacuum leak will cause oil getting sucked up into that area. I know I still have a vacuum leak but could not pinpoint it yet. I have a feeling my valvecover gasket is old and leaky because I hear a light noise from about between the back side of the intake manifold/backside of the valve cover...towards the firewall. Could this be another leak?

Comment

Great potential. Welcome
                                OO=(ll)=OO
                                -----------
                                91 E30 Coupe 325is 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X