So, you want smoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, you want smoked?

well, what can I say. The passenger side looks the best, its still hard to get the full effect of the X, I think the + works better, but with the dampit in the highbeam, of the US lights, can't do a +. Driver's side is a little foggy since I replaced them with a set from another car and they were a little sandblasted. Oh and I broke a high beam lense while putting it back on (tell me it sucks). So its craked in two but held temporarily with tape until I can replace it.

Thanks to all who spoke up in the DIY smoked thread.

and the "528eS" in the background owns you
    Old and improved:

Dan

Comment

Sweet, it looks like this is gonna become the latest 'fad'.

Did you do anything like add chrome tape to the insides or smooth off the cutoff.

Comment

Sweet man, looks great.

I'm coming up so we can put my car back together after the horrendous trip I took.

I'll come visit soon.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Those look pretty good. For some reason you dont get the same effect as the high beams though, I wonder why.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Re: So, you want smoked?

Originally posted by EtaSport
            well, what can I say. The passenger side looks the best, its still hard to get the full effect of the X, I think the + works better, but with the dampit in the highbeam, of the US lights, can't do a +. Driver's side is a little foggy since I replaced them with a set from another car and they were a little sandblasted. Oh and I broke a high beam lense while putting it back on (tell me it sucks). So its craked in two but held temporarily with tape until I can replace it.

Thanks to all who spoke up in the DIY smoked thread.

and the "528eS" in the background owns you
            The X looks like shit. I made a US highbeam just fine with a + and you can't tell. WTF is a dampit? Everything turned out fine for me. I have had 3+ people look and they can't tell a difference.

Comment

haha.. that jack black animation is awesome.

Nah, didnt do anything else special. I've had the projectors apart, but the cutoff is okay. I tried this a few months ago and ended up breaking two lenses, but the oven was a sure bet.
              If anyone else gives it a try be sure to use clear or black adhesive sealant to put the lenses back on. And paint the trim rings.

I'll look forward to it dan, maybe you can convince me to get a markd chip after you ride in the "super" eta.

edit- the dampit is what i call the thing that keeps condensation down inside the lens. It protrudes inside both high and low beam buckets. I called it a dampit cause it works the same way as a humidifier in a guitar.
              Old and improved:

Comment

They don't really look smoked to me, but its probably just the pictures. Nice work.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I have a feeling they'd look better with a plus because unless you were looking dead on straight ahead at them you'd be seeing one side of SOMETHING black. With the X, unless your head is tilted at a funny angle, you don't quite catch a full on view of any part of the black pieces.

Hard to explain without showing someone on paper, anyone get what I'm saying?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

The pictures didnt turn out too well, they look a little better in person. I might try a + instead later on. I had the idea of putting them on ebay if I didnt like them. Let those guys fight over them, so I might get a set of euros.
                    Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                    X