X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again guys.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I think shadowline would look best with the black grills, if not go back to
      chrome kidneys.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
        I think shadowline would look best with the black grills, if not go back to
        chrome kidneys.
        agreed. all chrome or no chrome.

i for one think chrome should be left off of sports cars completely. thats why mine has not one inch of it.

Comment

Shadowline is coming soon. I finally have all the stuff to do it properly, but haven't had the time. Last weekend was spent replacing my cruise control cable and the sway bar end links front and rear. The weekend before was spent changing oil, doing a full detail and a couple other odds and ends.

Eventually, I will get around to doing the shadowline, but I am dreading the job to be honest.

Comment

You could always retrofit the real shadowline mldgs, seriously though, the process isn't that bad just time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
              Shadowline is coming soon. I finally have all the stuff to do it properly, but haven't had the time. Last weekend was spent replacing my cruise control cable and the sway bar end links front and rear. The weekend before was spent changing oil, doing a full detail and a couple other odds and ends.

Eventually, I will get around to doing the shadowline, but I am dreading the job to be honest.
              dont dread, it just takes time.

i did mine a section at a time, over 2 days.

Comment

I did this job on my old black car, but I chipped the paint removing the trim on the doors, and I didn't remove the trim from underneath the rear quarter windows (I painted it on the car). This time, I will remove all the trim and I don't want to damage the paint. I ordered a nylon pry kit, so hopefully I can do the job without chipping the paint.

It is just time consuming and a pita. BUT, it will be done.

Can anyone tell me specifically how to remove the trim from underneath the quarter windows? I read Jordan's write-up, but it lacked some detail. Help?

Comment

Smoked tails and a plate filler, I wonder where I've seen that. Awesome looking!
                  The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I did this job on my old black car, but I chipped the paint removing the trim on the doors, and I didn't remove the trim from underneath the rear quarter windows (I painted it on the car). This time, I will remove all the trim and I don't want to damage the paint. I ordered a nylon pry kit, so hopefully I can do the job without chipping the paint.

Can anyone tell me specifically how to remove the trim from underneath the quarter windows? I read Jordan's write-up, but it lacked some detail. Help?
                    yea i did a shadowline on ducati's 87 which was hell cuz he had two layers of chrome. for the rear window you have to take out the actual window and juss pop off the chrome from the clips. it takes some force so dont be scared to pry it out, just be carefull not to bend the longer peices.
                    I go wuaaaaaahh pssssshhhhh!!!!

Comment

you can remove the door trim easily without damaging the paint. simply roll down the window all the way and pry the trim up from the inside. it's even easier on 4 doors since you can roll the rear windows down too. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until I scratched the paint on the passenger door trying to do it from the outside. :(
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando

you can remove the door trim easily without damaging the paint. simply roll down the window all the way and pry the trim up from the inside. it's even easier on 4 doors since you can roll the rear windows down too. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until I scratched the paint on the passenger door trying to do it from the outside. :(
                        Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to do it that way. Any more tips???

Comment

My tint is actually 20% all the way around. I posted 25% the other day, sorry.

Comment

hawt.com

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
                              Originally posted by armeN
                              nice ride. get your windows tintec :D
                              They are, just the front rolled down.

Looks great! if you dont mind me asking, what smoked tails are those, DIY?

Cant wait to see it when shes finished.

Kyle
                              excuse my stupidity i must have been half asleep 8)
                              I go wuaaaaaahh pssssshhhhh!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X