No announcement yet.

RainierHooker's E30 M3 -The Pics + Progress Thread-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you made it home safe. Now you've got your work ahead of you!
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

wish i was a baller like you.

Comment

Thanks Joe.

I'm not so much baller, more like penny pincher with very focused spending. My bedroom looks like it was furnished with hand-me-downs (and it was, thanks Grandma), but my garage is nice...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Now, thats a healthy stack of parts! you got some work to do before the picnic.

Comment

Glad you are home safe. Sincere thanks for serving, man. Nice parts stash !
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Looks great looking forward to next update. You are saving OEM parts right? Seems stock cars are worth more than molested as you know.

is that a ding in the front left wheel arch? PDR might be able to remove it.

How are you liking your R1R's?
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Great looking car, and I am also curious about the R1Rs.

Just a comment--those DTM-style tips are gross, but the Hartge "oval" tip is not the answer IMO. I'd stick with 2 circles. ;)

Comment

Pretty mucha the entire pile o' parts is OEM replacement parts. All suspension wear-components are going to be new. I'm deveating with springs, struts and bushing material, but it is going to remain essentially stock. Same goes with engine and interior components. The only 'upgrades' are going to be the type that improve drivabilty without changing the look or overall feel of the car (ie new-style timing-chain tensioner). If anything is broke or worn, it is getting replaced.

As for the dent, it is a place where the PO's 235-series tires contacted and pulled on the arch under near-full-lock. Im going to have to get a fender roller to bend the lip back under the fender and straiten the arch. Hopefully I can do it without damaging the paint further.

As far as the R1R's go, for the breif amount of time I've driven on them, I can say they are amaizing. Insane amounts of grip, and perfectly fine manners in moist PNW conditions.

Comment

hope you got some smileys/ellips planned. oh and love the progress and the AT AT Walker!

Comment

Thanks, the AT-AT is my wife's, she calls it "Princess" ;)

Comment

Oh fuck me thats a great thing to walk in on.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                          Thanks, the AT-AT is my wife's, she calls it "Princess" ;)
                          I would have never guessed there was a wife with that stash of parts. Your the man. Have fun and welcome home.
                          Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                          http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Well, I borrowed a shop today to get some things sorted out...

Long story short, the suspension is sorted out, the bumper tape and some other cosmetic bits are installed/fixed and the car is otherwise moving along.

Some after pics...

Comment

Staggered or non? What offset are using up front et 13? Those R1R's look far more aggresive than my Hankook RS212's I would love some Star Specs in the right tire size but it appears I will have to order some Toyo's as they have the best selection of 225/45/16's right now.

Car looks good now that the suspension is sorted out. Bilsteins and which springs did you use?
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

F*ck. Your cars awsome man.
                                I miss the Pacific Northwest. I was up at Whidbey for 7 years. I'd go back in a second if I didn't have to deal with the sucubus that spawned my son.

Keep up the good work brother. I look forward to seeing this thing in an event.
                                - '83 911SC
                                - '86 325ES
                                - '98 M3
                                - '14 328d

Comment

Working...
                                X