#1 & 2 in the Enduro race Sunday.

Start of the Enduro.

The man during Saturday's sprint races.

Pretty.

Local club racer Simon.

Treehouse Racing's badass racecars.

THR's pimp bike.

Yours truly.

GF followed me down and stayed the night with me, then watched me Saturday morning and got a ride with an instructor which she really enjoyed.

She had to work, so left, but came back and stayed another night to watch me again.....only passing a bunch of people this time, and taking some decent pictures too. (all the ones with me on the track are by her)

awesome setup:

2175lb S14-powered instructor car.

14" Hartge wheels on 190-60-14 Falken Azenis.

Motel parking lot.

Tire wear after day 1. (month of street + another 2 day HPDE). Think I'm using all of the tire??

BEST setup ever. And yes, those 475# have been bottomed out I guess. 475/650 would be better granted. With M3-style front endlinks.

The weekend = INCREDIBLE. Sunday = awesome. I got smoother, faster, better, good line (same as instructors more or less), and if I made any mistakes....hot, too early or whatever, I'd realize it and correct. No time off-track, and all he said to work on is consistancy. So more track time for me.

And maybe seats. And finally get the Bimmerworld tranny mounts to rid the wobbly shifter and GC RSMs installed!

But with no rear sway, it is SO balanced and neutral, it is easy to control and I began getting used to steering with the throttle, especially around turns 4 and 8.

is she an uggo?

i love how akard kept the badging. lmao, looks like todds beast in a few years.
    sigpic

Comment

Wish I could have made it. The school filled up before I called to sign up.

And Pasha, Heeter's GF is MUCH better looking than him. Not that that is saying a lot. ;)
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN

And Pasha, Heeter's GF is MUCH better looking than him. Not that that is saying a lot. ;)
        You should have. Rob Case bitched out and went to a friend's wedding. The other THR guys were cool though.

haha. thanks. Um. ha. :P

yeah, that could be the future of his car if Todd fed it crack.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
          is she an uggo?

Love how the sticker complements the badge. Those guys at Treehouse are awesome 8)

Great pics Heet, CAN'T WAIT

Comment

is she an uggo?

That's my favorite car. I was laughing very hard when I saw that pic.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Badass.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                is she an uggo?

That's my favorite car. I was laughing very hard when I saw that pic.
                No kidding. Best sticker ever.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

All those cars look business.....I need to get out to more events.
                  - 318is 4 life

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                    Originally posted by DaveCN

You should have. Rob Case bitched out and went to a friend's wedding. The other THR guys were cool though.

haha. thanks. Um. ha. :P

yeah, that could be the future of his car if Todd fed it crack.

Shit - i could have taken his spot. Oh well. I am getting the IS ready for the August NASA event.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

sweet.

he wouldn't have had a spot, he'd be part of the THR crew for the race. (not doing the school).

even if it's during school, I have to do the October 8-9th NASA HPDE at Putnam.

Comment

Rob, did I get the chip to you in time to run it?

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                        1989 325iC M50 Vert
                        1989 325i Coupe
                        1991 318is
                        1995 318ti Club Sport
                        2006 330i e90
                        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by brodee
                          Rob, did I get the chip to you in time to run it?
                          Yeah, I was going to PM you, but both my boxes are nearly full....

It was there after work on Friday, so I took a nap, installed it after adding octane booster, packed up my shit and tools and bag of clothes, then headed down to the track.

It was awesome. Made between corners go by so much faster! And the extra 450rpms really came in handy!!! I drove the entire course in 3rd gear besides once into fourth on the main straight.

THANKS!!!
                          btw, hope you get around to that, i'm curious as hell.....and want to see you update soon.

Comment

did your azenis do ok on the track? I've heard they get a little marbley when they stay hot. Work great for my auto-x runs but I was thinking of somehting else for the DE's

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                            1989 325iC M50 Vert
                            1989 325i Coupe
                            1991 318is
                            1995 318ti Club Sport
                            2006 330i e90
                            2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

I was thinking of selling my 205s RT215s locally, but editted the thread to say:
                              driving on the RT215s on the track this weekend reaffirmed they are the perfect DE tire. I got to keep them.
                              They take the heat like a champ. Sticky cheap bishes.

Some call them greasy when real hot, and they did complain a bit nearing the end of the season, but I just dialed it back when they got did.
                              The first HPDE they did perfect, but just in this school as I started pushing them more and driving harder did they get warmer....and I guess what some call greasy. (not sure what it means, but figure that's what they're talking about)

still, awesome tires IMO to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X