No announcement yet.

My first official pictures (post #18) + Exhaust clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20s sound amazing like this. had mine the same way for about a month before the droning while cruising drove me freakin crazy!

Comment

The water coming out the tail pipes is a byproduct of combustion process of your engine and is completely normal. It is happening all the time but once the exhaust system gets hot enough, the water evaporates before it exits the tail pipes. This is why steel exhaust systems rust from the inside out and why if you take a lot of short trips your steel exhaust will rust out very quickly. Car sounds pretty burly BTW.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

These were taken a couple of weeks ago by my friend one sunny afternoon. All shots were taken at the University of Connecticut's abandoned Depot Campus, where there are no pedestrians or traffic. This was my in-between-"mufflers" period, hence the lack of tailpipes.

Great picture, but I unfortunately did not recover from this one...

...and ended up here:

Annnd another boo-boo:

Just right:

I have one or two other pictures I'm working on that will hopefully be posted later this week. Many things have been fixed since this shoot, before I get nitpicked. Car cleaned, lip/valence corrected, driver's sideskirt remounted. Thanks for looking!
        86Zinno

Comment

I ran ebay "performance headers" to a 2.5" strait pipe right back to a magna flow muffler, no cat. Sounded great! Dropped a lot of weight and let the car breath, helped the performance for sure.
          Too small? Blood Sweat and Tears Build:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=202389

Comment

Originally posted by 4drPwr View Post

Where's the key?

Comment

^stolen car.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                Where's the key?
                I was waiting for someone to catch that. My ignition cylinder broke almost exactly a year ago now. In the interest of time as well as cost I switched to a push start system concealed in my ashtray. It replicates the stock switch in that it has a radio toggle, accessory toggle, and momentary starter switch. Good eyes!
                86Zinno

Comment

Hoping to try this out once I do my M50 swap, not sure if it will sound as good though. Also if you are out taking more pictures and you have a DSLR tell the camera guy to slow the shutter speed down and you'll get the wheels blurred out to give it that "in motion" look. Good stuff !
                  r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Mad tyte dorrifo into a grass knoll 'eh?

I enjoy taking corners fast, not sideways...looks fun though.

Comment

Working...
                    X