A Proper Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Proper Introduction

I've been lurking on this forum for at least 6 years, and have been a registered member for 2 years, and I had yet to post a proper introduction thread... so here's my long overdue quick introduction to this community. :oops:

I've somehow managed to get my personal stable of cars up to a total of 4 (even though I just bought a property with a single car garage):

1994 M3

This is my dream car, a car I still can't believe I own even though I've had it for over 5 years. It's a Canadian Edition, it has just over 80,000 kilometres on it and it's completely stock.

1994 Probe GT

I bought this car as a daily driver after I sold my 1993 325iS (my first BMW and second car, replacing my 1988 CRX Si which I gave to a family member who fully restored it) before it suffered the same fate as my first car and rusted to the point of where I wouldn't be able to sell it. It's a nice car in many ways, but it feels extremely primitive in other ways and after driving it for over a year I badly wanted something more enjoyable for my commute. It'll soon be up for sale with 145,000 kilometres on it, and I plan to replace it with something far more interesting...

1991 318iS

I bought this car for a terrific price with only 108,000 kilometres on it from the original owner in need of moderate restoration work, all of which I did myself to build my skills and confidence. No sunroof, sport cloth interior, limited slip differential, air conditioning... it was a great car, and it made me love my commute again. After having completed my restoration work I realized what I special car I had created, and I made the difficult decision to put it up for sale (keep reading and you'll find out why). It sold in a week to the first person who came to see it.

1991 M5

This was another well bought car in need of moderate restoration work, and again I tackled as much of the work as I could myself. It had been imported from Japan in 2008, was literally rust free everywhere and had 108,000 kilometres on it.

I barely drove this car while I had it as my intention from the start was to find it a new owner who would really enjoy it - I would never want to own a car with jet black paint (impossible to keep clean) and an extended leather interior (not a fan), but I knew it was a great candidate for a restoration.

Even after having restored it to the point where it really stood out it took work to sell the car given this poor economy, though I finally did so just as the leaves started to turn this past fall.

1990 M3

I'd often dreamed about pairing one one of these cars with my 1994 M3, and having the 318iS sold me on the idea - that's why I decided to force myself to sell it.

By the time the M5 sold I had enough saved up to start shopping for really nice examples when this car, which I had been interested in when it was listed two years earlier, turned up for sale again. There were no manuals and not much in the way of service records with the car, so I passed on it and continued my search... until weeks later, when the seller dropped the price to the point where I couldn't resist it.

It's got just under 79,000 kilometres on it, is completely rust free and it has a perfect interior with the exception of a small hold in the sunroof panel fabric.

1994 320i

This is my new mileage and winter beater. 180,000 kilometres, dented nose panel, 1,735,920,486+ fine scratches all over the paint (it must have been washed with a broom), a major rust problem in the passenger side rocker panel which I repaired myself... it's a project, but it's a fun car to drive and it'll take punishment so my other cars don't have to.

I'm sure I'll fit in just fine around here. :finger:
    Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; 10-19-2016, 12:17 AM.

holy shit you are a lucky man.

and why THE FUCK do you own a probe?

Comment

nice collection, yowza!
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

nice :up:

Comment

Sexy collection! 1+ on owning the Probe....
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

welcome...wish i had that collection
            "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishDeserter View Post

Very nice collection, sir. Other than the Probe . . . .
              From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
              Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

I wondered who ended up buying that E30 M3
                sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishDeserter View Post

x2 that's a ton of REALLY nice cars.

I don't own a Probe, but I've driven them and gotta come to its defense. Sure they're not BMWs, but as the PO said, they're nice cars in a lot of ways. Quick, wonderful sounding V6, good handling. I even think they can be made to look pretty good. Only real downside for me is the interior is pretty ugly. Especially the steering wheels!
                  '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Welcome! Ive always wanted an e34 m5. and that is an absolutely amazing example of one.
                    sigpic

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201774

Comment

nice man!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
                      http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
                      Few pictures:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

damn dude. Great collection of cars that you have owned!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Beautiful collections of BMWs!!
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                          #teamross
                          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Love the M5! it looks perfect!

Comment

nice collection i really dig all the bmws. the probe needs more low

Comment

Working...
                              X