1989 Zinno Track/Autox/DailyDriver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Zinno Track/Autox/DailyDriver

Hey guys - I recently sold my '97 M3 sedan for an e30 [i had my reasons] and this is what i ended up with......

Ground control coilovers (450F/600R)
    Koni adjustable shocks
    Ground Control front camber/caster plates
    Delrin front bushings
    Adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    Racing Dynamics front swaybar
    Ground Control rear shock mounts
    Sparco front strut brace a strut brace - get this one
    Modern Performance MAF conversion
    Cone filter
    Custom heat shield
    Port-matched head
    Conforti chip
    3" custom exhaust
    Short shift kit Short
    Custom 3" brake ducting
    UUC stainless steel brake lines
    Momo leather shift knob
    4-point bolt-in rollbar
    5-point camlock harnesses
    Momo Competition wheel
    Full gauges - Oil temp, PSI, and Voltage
    Fire bottle
    Blacked-out window trim
    Blue powder coated valve cover
    Custom 15x8 Kosei K1 wheels
    225-50-15 Kumho V700s

What do you guys think i should do for the looks of the car? Right now im heavily leaning towards blacking out the grill and getting a front&rear BLACK motorsport flag. Anything else? I dont really think ill be dumping $400 into PC'ing the wheels though. As far as performance mods - well i think i have that covered. Its going to be smarter to spend more money upgrading the driver than the car at this point.

Comment

Comment

:P

Whatcha think?

Comment

looks pretty damn clean for a track rat! very nice. I'd be afraid of scratching the paint though. I guess that's why charlie races a pink car. :twisted:
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is that Whitney's old car?

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
              Is that Whitney's old car?

-Charlie
              I'd be willing to bet $ on it.

I dont really think ill be dumping $400 into PC'ing the wheels though.
              I don't think Kosei's like Powdercoating much. Just leave them silver or spray them with Rustoleum paint.

It's what I want my car to me.......only you know, red, and clean. Great grab. I'd personally leave it alone. Black grills may be the mad forum mod but i think they look stupid, hence the return to chrome.

If you want to do anything, make the waist line solid black with tinted turn signals in front from Abrahams Motorsports. And euro sidemarker trim, or smoked, or painted black sidemarkers. Leave tails ALONE.

Comment

Wow, I like that a lot. Usually not fond of the Koseis, but I like them on your car. Nice photos too.

Euro grills would set off the front. Personally, I like the blacked kidneys, but yours looks fresh for a change. Smoked turns? Euro or US plate filler? It looks so good as is, hard to say what to add.

How 'bout some engine and interior shots?

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Good mod: Stud kit.

I guess that's why charlie races a pink car.
                  I don't have to worry much about messing up my paint either.

It's fun to see what Zinno should look like though

Comment

Badass.

Comment

Maryland East Side represent!

That beach shot from Bethany beach? Also, I gotta say that is a clean car for a track rat.

As far as looks go, there are plenty of little things to do. You could get smoked indicator lights for the front, maybe de-badge the rear for a cleaner look, and you said you didn't want to drop cash for PCing the wheels, but you could always spray bomb them with Duplicolor wheel paints. Also, you could get fog blanks to save your foglights from getting destroyed.

I think I found which steering wheel I want for my car now...350mm?
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Yep....Mike Whitney took astonishing care of this car. It's almost unreal. He even gave me a binder with every recipt and paperwork for every piece he's ever put on the car :shock: Does he hang around the forums much?

Im in love with this machine - soooo well balanced and poised on the road. I can't wait to see what this is going to be like at the autox this weekend :D From there - it's off to get info on driver schools and track events.

I actually just ordered 4 toyo T1R's to pop on. Ive gotten lucky so far with the rain and all and i dont really want to push my luck ahahha. Hopefully it wont change TOO much for the handling.

Oh, and does anyone else agree that e30s shouldnt be tinted? Especially red ones.

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                        Maryland East Side represent!

That beach shot from Bethany beach? Also, I gotta say that is a clean car for a track rat.

I think I found which steering wheel I want for my car now...350mm?
                        Wow, you're about 10mins off. I took the beach ones in Rohoboth actually. And about the steering wheel - i dont know what size. Im actually thinking about picking up a MtechII wheel though.

-Anthony

Comment

nice pictures :D

nice car :D

nice avatar :roll:
                          *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

your car is the tits and i want it
                            98 M3/4/5

Comment

:rofl: thanks for the PM. 8) links i sent should be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X