new member and some pics of granny gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member and some pics of granny gold

just recently picked up my bronzeitbeige 89 325is, i am the third owner, it has just done 216k on the clock, everything works, and love it, except for the fact that it's a autotragic. already changed the oil filter (had a fram :hitler:) and the plugs with bosch ones. my right lca was bad so ordered a new lemforder one with akg polyurethane lca bushings. only thing wrong with the interior is the dash, and i already found a perfect one. i started of with pure hate of the color but its growing on me pretty hard. i don't know the rarity of the color, because there are no statistics i've found for the colors on our cars. if its rare i will repaint it the same color, if not i've been toying with carbon black. what are you guys opinions on the car, and any advice as for what to do. any who here are some pics of the car!

I think this color is pretty nice, I'd stick with it.

Nice car, none the less
    Originally posted by audiquattrot
    bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
    1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
    2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
    1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
    2006 CBR600RR

Comment

I love bronzit! It may be a granny color but done right makes it look amazing!

get a lip and a couple touch ups on some of the paint and you will be set.

Oh and moar low

Comment

I <3 bronzit

Comment

i dont get the bronzit hate.

i love it. looks great.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Bronzit isn't rare in the least. Most around here seem to hate it (apparently it is a cursed color) but others, myself included, really like it.

BTW, hello O' Park, I used to work in Olathe...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
              Bronzit isn't rare in the least. Most around here seem to hate it (apparently it is a cursed color) but others, myself included, really like it.

BTW, hello O' Park, I used to work in Olathe...
              thats pretty cool, where are you now?, Also thanks for the welcome and i guess bronzit is a pretty favorable color on here.

Comment

I'm currently on Afghanistan, but now I call the Seattle area home...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

If you repaint it in schwarz, make sure EVERY single bit of bronzit is gone:
                  -jambs
                  -engine bay
                  -trunk
                  -under trim
                  etc...

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

car looks good. My '89 in a five spd conversion, best year to do it to IMO if your going to. when asking the opinion of bronzit, it is R3V's equivalent to the Civil War.
                    sigpic
                    "evil always prevails....because good is dumb"

Comment

Something like half of all E30s (32,060,102) were built in Bronzit but approximately 1017 of them remain.

They began to kill themselves off almost immediately after rolling of the assembly line.

Comment

Bronzit is best color.

Im going to order a new m3 in bronzit.
                        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

how did you get ur dash lights soo red? mine arnt nearly as red. i want.

[/quote]

keepin it real since 1990

Comment

Originally posted by samurai pizza cats View Post
                            how did you get ur dash lights soo red? mine arnt nearly as red. i want.

[/quote]

Yeah, same here...

Love the shots by the new performing arts center. They're really good pics in general - looks like you've had some practice. Car looks great!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car in July!
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

i lived in overland park 4th grade - high school...
                              good to see more local people on here, welcome!
                              www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

Working...
                              X