Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coming soon.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by screamingbmwe30
    hay matt. when you get that thing running id like to run it against my car at farmington (i know its only an 1/8th mile and a drag strip at that) but it would be a neat comparison. my car is a stock healthy 2.5 m20. let me know. it be cool to see
    if youre talking to e30matt, then he has a chip to use on an m20 and also a nice exhaust.
    173rd ABN

    Comment


      #17
      should be swaping out the brake booster tonight. and making a nice plug and play wireing harness :) , and if we still have time we want to get the big case halfshafts and the big case 3.73 lsd itself in

      ill try and get you guys some more pictures, if anyone wants any high res versions of the poics posted just let me know, the big versions are 1504x1000 ( and thats on the small setting on the D70 :) )

      kell

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
        Well I guess you can vouch for the state of the M42 I may be buying, eh ;)

        Good luck with the swap - keep us posted. Love the cig pic.
        What do you need an M42 for?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Digitalwave
          Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
          Well I guess you can vouch for the state of the M42 I may be buying, eh ;)

          Good luck with the swap - keep us posted. Love the cig pic.
          What do you need an M42 for?
          I'm swapping an M42 into my Eta. :)

          I have a 93 318i that I'm finishing - timing chain slipped, just replacing the motor.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
            Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
            Well I guess you can vouch for the state of the M42 I may be buying, eh ;)

            Good luck with the swap - keep us posted. Love the cig pic.
            What do you need an M42 for?
            I'm swapping an M42 into my Eta. :)

            I have a 93 318i that I'm finishing - timing chain slipped, just replacing the motor.
            You know M42 & M44 arent the same correct?
            Below the radar...

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by UNHCLL
              Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
              Originally posted by Digitalwave
              Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
              Well I guess you can vouch for the state of the M42 I may be buying, eh ;)

              Good luck with the swap - keep us posted. Love the cig pic.
              What do you need an M42 for?
              I'm swapping an M42 into my Eta. :)

              I have a 93 318i that I'm finishing - timing chain slipped, just replacing the motor.
              You know M42 & M44 arent the same correct?
              Well gee whiz Chris, I thought they were the same. ;)

              What the FUCK engine does this car have? Some people say it's an M42. Some say it's an M43 or 44. I don't get it.

              From BF:
              M42
              Straight 4 cylinder DOHC 16V. 1989-1996. 100kg 220lbs
              Used in E30 and E36 318is, Z3
              1.8 (138-142bhp)

              M43
              Straight 4 SOHC 8V. 1993-1998. 83kg 183lbs
              Used in post-93 E36 316i/318i, E34/39 518i.
              1.6 (102bhp), 1.8 (115bhp)

              M44
              Straight 4 DOHC 16V. 1996 on. 102kg 225lbs
              Used in E36 318iS, Z3
              1.9 (142-150bhp)


              M44 was post 96/OBD-II. So I really don't think I have that.

              I need an engine for this car. Pleeeese help :)

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Beemerfanatik

                From BF:
                M43
                Straight 4 SOHC 8V. 1993-1998. 83kg 183lbs
                Used in post-93 E36 316i/318i, E34/39 518i.
                1.6 (102bhp), 1.8 (115bhp)

                M44
                Straight 4 DOHC 16V. 1996 on. 102kg 225lbs
                Used in E36 318iS, Z3
                1.9 (142-150bhp)
                M43
                I'd wager that one.

                On another note... haha imagine having that engine in an e34 or e39! haha I bet I could push the car faster than the engine could move it.
                Below the radar...

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by UNHCLL
                  Originally posted by Beemerfanatik

                  From BF:
                  M43
                  Straight 4 SOHC 8V. 1993-1998. 83kg 183lbs
                  Used in post-93 E36 316i/318i, E34/39 518i.
                  1.6 (102bhp), 1.8 (115bhp)

                  M44
                  Straight 4 DOHC 16V. 1996 on. 102kg 225lbs
                  Used in E36 318iS, Z3
                  1.9 (142-150bhp)
                  M43
                  I'd wager that one.

                  On another note... haha imagine having that engine in an e34 or e39! haha I bet I could push the car faster than the engine could move it.
                  US spec e36's up until 96 had an M42. It's got a different intake manifold than the e30 M42, but it is still an m42. In 96 they got the 1.9 litre m44.

                  -Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

                  Comment


                    #24
                    ah the old "I responded to a M42 FS and said I'd pick up and then wanted the seller to ship" routine...
                    BEERTECH

                    Comment


                      #25
                      VTEC!

                      The M44 has the newer control with the knockedy sensors too.... Say hello to DASC, although its still not as fast an as S50.
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                        VTEC!

                        The M44 has the newer control with the knockedy sensors too.... Say hello to DASC, although its still not as fast an as S50.
                        the 93-95 M42's have the knock sensors as well.

                        I still think it would be a fun little project to swap one of those into an e30 with the DASC. That could make for a tossable little car.

                        -Charlie
                        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

                        Comment


                          #27
                          that sounds like someone is vollunteering....
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #28
                            ummm... this thread was about swaping my old M50 into spoon's 318is. not "how much do we know about bmw's 4 cyl's", not trying to offend anyone just tryin to keep things on topic.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I'll sex a female relative of yours for your 318 with said M50 in it.

                              k?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                And for the record, my '91 318is had a '93 engine in it, and all that was required to fit it was the intake manifold swap.

                                Back to how awesome this incredibly common swap is.

                                "See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X