No announcement yet.

Best $5 mod ever! (USB ports)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the ones I bought (price is for three).
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Totally awesome
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by 98turbo View Post
        That's awesome. So you don't need the transformer part to charge the phone? My charger says 5volts
        Transformers are for AC power. This is all DC. There is a circuitboard inside the unit. Works for the iPhone.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I was attempting to do that on the spare buttons next to the defroster button for my usb port to my alpine unit. I gave up when I wasnt able to make a nice clean cut out of the plastic button cover.

Comment

very awesome! might have to pick up one of these for iPod usage. can you charge through USB and play through the audio jack at the same time with an iPod?

Comment

Originally posted by E30_80Y View Post
              I was attempting to do that on the spare buttons next to the defroster button for my usb port to my alpine unit. I gave up when I wasnt able to make a nice clean cut out of the plastic button cover.
              Dremel! it's one of those tools that you can never get rid of. ;)
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Clean install, good work. And free's you of the pain in the as that is charging ANYTHING the stock cigg lighter.

Comment

ive been tryin to figure out how to do this with the one off my headunit so i dont have wires all over the place along with my AUX cord.

might have to pick one or two of these up as well for phone charging on longer trips ;)
                  sigpic
                  ^Back in the game^
                  BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                  FS thread:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Ken is a slender chap, so I doubt he bumps into it. I still remember your old speaker pods. :)

I have been wanting to do this for a while! Nice lil DIY job!
                    sigpic

Comment

Great idea.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Whoa. Awesome. What did you tap into for power? Also, how did you ditch the little metal nipple in the back for wiring??
                        Last edited by Rsully70sev; 05-06-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

cool , my head unit has a USB port. Win on my end :D I can listen to 4gigs of music and charge my phone.

Comment

I see what you did there
                            Last edited by george graves; 05-06-2011, 03:58 AM.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I approve this mod.
                              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                                These are the ones I bought (price is for three).
                                Which Craigslist app do you use Ken? It looks far superior to the one I have.
                                86' 325e

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by 02stu
                                They're (e30s) very sensible if you never want to get laid by anything other then a college student..on second thought

Comment

Working...
                                X