check the 325 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check the 325 out

So I never posted my car before. So I figured I would.
    Right now, just lowered, BBS's (only on rear gonna get spacers
    to clear the front brakes, and also for the rear to make it even)
    and that's about it. Peace.

the BBS, hand polished and painted

www.driftunit.com and www.excelfundamentals.com <--- supporter and admin

Sweet!

Kinda like what my car started as.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Nice you four door guys are really starting to represent.

Chris can't wait to get to Chicago and see your car up close 8)
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

Re: check the 325 out

Originally posted by e30excel
        the BBS, hand polished and painted
        Wow. Those look great man. 13's never looked so good ;) They are 13's, right? I was looking at a set of those, they look so good on 320's and 02's, I knew they'd look good on ours. Any pics of the ones on the car?

Comment

they are actually 14's but who's counting :P

Comment

Originally posted by e30excel
            they are actually 14's but who's counting :P
            Really? I've only seen that style of wheel in a 13". They look great, nice lip there. Keep us posted - the car looks good!

Comment

looks sweet man like the wheels alot!

'87 325 (Track Rat)
              '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
              '94 525i (Daily)
              '90 325i (R.I.P)
              H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

I've got those exact same wheels in 15's in my driveway. I think the offset is like 15 or something. How did you polish them?

Comment

Originally posted by thejimlab
                  I've got those exact same wheels in 15's in my driveway. I think the offset is like 15 or something. How did you polish them?
                  You should sell those... :)

Comment

Re: check the 325 out

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
                    Wow. Those look great man. 13's never looked so good ;) They are 13's, right? I was looking at a set of those, they look so good on 320's and 02's, I knew they'd look good on ours. Any pics of the ones on the car?
                    13" wheels don't fit on E30s man, didn't you see that long winded thread in track/autox?
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my wheels are in terrible condition. i got them for free when i bought a set of tires off a guy for cheap money. they have gold centers. i need to refurb them.

Comment

thanks for the compliments!

The BBS's are 14x6 and et13

I polished the lip by first stripping off as much paint as I could with acetone. Then I started with 600 grit and worked my way up to 2000 grit (all wet sanding). Then just clean it up real good with metal polish. Then I used some paint for the center that has little pieces of glass in it, can't remember the name at the second, but it dries super hard, you can get it at home depot in a can.

thanks again! :D

edit: thejimlab is that a 914 in your avatar? I have one I'm workin on right now.

Comment

looks great man! nice work on the wheels.

-Dane
                          diving board division, bishez.

Comment

cool, if you can remember the name of the paint that would be great. yeah, it's a 914. it sat in a yard near my buddies house for 20 or so years, then they pushed it down a hill with a bulldozer. that's where the pic came from. it's in a junkyard now.

Comment

did you put a clearcoat on the lips after polishing them?

Trying to figure out whats wrong with my polished lips. They look really cloudy and cracked. Could this be the clearcoat?
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X