Picked up 325es project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up 325es project

Drove from LA to the Bay Area to pick this one up. Mechanically is very solid, but the paint is horrible, didn't expect it to be that bad when it rolled up. Picked it up for $650 and drove it back for 4 hours no problem.

Finished up the transaction filling it up to hit the road.

Stopped to have a stoge.

Got her home, next to my E46 M3.

Didn't really know what I was getting my self into installing late bumpers on early cars. I was about to sell it but I really like the look so I tackled it.

Thanks to Pick a Part I got all the little things (Fog light wires, blinker wires)

It originally had the sport seats but the PO changed the driver seat to a comfort seat so I changed the passenger seat to a comfort seat also. It was torn up real bad.

Got a Volvo lip from the junk yard need to modify and install.

Also picked up a set of nice Hella ellips from the yard. (Yes paint is horrible)

Volvo lip installed.

Recently I've installed the rear bumper, changed timing belt all the fluids, new rear seats. More pictures will be uploaded later. Looking for some feedback! Thanks guys.
    Last edited by K0nArtist; 09-12-2011, 03:13 AM.

coming along good
    GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

remove the volvo lip or get an i lip.
      sigpic

Comment

Keep the volvo lip, who gives a shit if some people disagree. Its obviously no show car, do what YOU think looks cool!

Comment

Plastics really bring these cars back to life. It looks so much better...... Shit. I need new bumpers. :(

Nice cars.
          -Nick
          Originally posted by 87e30
          First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Looks good! Have you done the rear yet? The front isn't so bad, but the rear will be a pain.

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
            Plastics really bring these cars back to life. It looks so much better...... Shit. I need new bumpers. :(
            Tuck and paint. Looks just as good to me, if your aprons aren't too wrinkled.
            sigpic

Comment

Flip the Volvo lip upside down!
              -tim
              Originally posted by Jordan
              I like the stance
              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie View Post
                Looks good! Have you done the rear yet? The front isn't so bad, but the rear will be a pain.

Tuck and paint. Looks just as good to me, if your aprons aren't too wrinkled.
                Yea, I've already done the rears, it was a huge pain. I'll get some pictures of that soon.

Comment

Very nice progress! Yeah swapping bumpers are troublesome, but in the end it's very satisfying. I know I was :)

Comment

This car is a champ. Good work bro, might hit you up next week to work on my car :up:

1987 - 325e Project / DD

Comment

Pictures of the rear bumper, the middle trim is so damn hard to find. I got a beat up one until I find a decent replacement. Any suggestions for my paint? now you guys can see how the left side of my car looks.

Got new rear seats and rear headrest brackets. Mounted ready to go, now I need 2 headrests. :hitler:

Also got a Husco armrest needs to be put in.

Comment

i say plasti dip the whole car in flat white

Comment

Haha, I really like the red with gold wheels. I'm going to respray it at some point but now I would like to at least get some of the paint looking somewhat decent.

Also are the BBS's RA's rare? I don't see too many people rocking them at forum. Mine even has the original BBS lug nuts.

Comment

Try using a clay bar those seem to bring back worn out paint from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by K0nArtist View Post
                              Haha, I really like the red with gold wheels. I'm going to respray it at some point but now I would like to at least get some of the paint looking somewhat decent.

Also are the BBS's RA's rare? I don't see too many people rocking them at forum. Mine even has the original BBS lug nuts.
                              from the looks of it, it might just need to be polished. when i picked up my 318is the paint looked just like that. so i went to autozone and was looking for something that can bring it back to life and i picked up a bottle of Nu finish. I know... I know... alot of ppl on here might be against it and i was too. But i figured whats the worst thing that can happen the paint already looks like crap, and it was only $7 so i said why not. lone behold it shined that mofo right up!! I was impressed, it made the paint look very presentable. i will probaly never use it on my m3, but i will use it again on my e30 if i have to.

Comment

Working...
                              X