Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked it up! Help me make it great. (Lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I head swap
    Lowness
    ellips
    bumper tuck
    clean up the engine bay , change all parts needed.
    wax wax wax.

I love houndstooth int. Gl man!

Comment

Maintenance
      clean engine bay
      a drop
      euro bumpers and valence
      euro weaves

That car is nice, I love the interior. Keep an eye out for plaid sport seats.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        How much are you willing to spend on some decent tunes?

You can do a Pioneer DEH6300 and a ful set of PS speakers for about $200. It would be a good start, but not exactly stunning. Add a small 4 channel amp, like the MB Quart Onyx 4.60 and things will be better. You could also use one of my subwoofer boxes and an inexpensive 10" woofer, you would run the bass and the front speaker from the amp...that combo sounds absolutely amazing and is still upgradeable.
        This sounds like a good plan. I could even start off with that Pioneer head unit so I have something that actually works, keep an eye out for the premium sound system and work my way up from there. I'm seeing those HU's online, refurbished by Pioneer for $100ish with a warranty. I've never had a bad experience with refurbished electronics to be honest... any reason not to go with that? Also, how difficult would all of that (speakers, tweeters, amp, etc.) be to wire? Considering I have very little experience beyond wiring in a head unit on my old car.

Thanks for the great suggestions by the way.

Also, my last question for any takers: The car has trouble with hills/inclines I've noticed... Not sure if this is the nature of the ETA engine or if something else is wrong and perhaps the engine is overall sluggish. If I'm in 5th gear at 2K RPM, it almost always loses speed, even when I nearly floor it. Is this normal?
        Newb to all the things.

Comment

Nice car sir, i hope your not related to TimR

Comment

bumpers.
            They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
            - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
            - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
            - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

Comment

Originally posted by Timp View Post
              This sounds like a good plan. I could even start off with that Pioneer head unit so I have something that actually works, keep an eye out for the premium sound system and work my way up from there. I'm seeing those HU's online, refurbished by Pioneer for $100ish with a warranty. I've never had a bad experience with refurbished electronics to be honest... any reason not to go with that? Also, how difficult would all of that (speakers, tweeters, amp, etc.) be to wire? Considering I have very little experience beyond wiring in a head unit on my old car.

Thanks for the great suggestions by the way.

Also, my last question for any takers: The car has trouble with hills/inclines I've noticed... Not sure if this is the nature of the ETA engine or if something else is wrong and perhaps the engine is overall sluggish. If I'm in 5th gear at 2K RPM, it almost always loses speed, even when I nearly floor it. Is this normal?
              Firrst, if I had an ETA, I would find a complete 327i swap and do it. You should be able to do the whole damn thing for $500 or so, Stephens is a beast, as are the other 2 I have been in. Don't let all the internet bullshit scare you, it rocks.

2nd, a 3.73LSD and you will shock quite a few cars out there.

The refurb decks often have bugs worked out of them, so do that...but you can also get them for $115 or so, new.

That deck is the best thing going, unless you need sattelite or bluetooth. Nearly perfect color match, too. The USB kicks ass.

The thing to look for in PS speakers is cone color. Generally, if they are nice and dark (they were originally black cones) and have no rattles, they will be terrific.

There is only going to be 1 or 2 more runs of R3V boxes ever. When GAS gets up and running, I will discontinue R3V boxes competely, so you will have to pay more for the same thing, but covered in an epoxy paint so it will be water-resistant. Get some cash together when you see the posting.

You may wanna jump on one of the "sharktooth" woofers now, you will never find that good a woofer under $150, ever... and they are still $34.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X