The Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Finale

As much as I hate to say this, I recently sold my E30. Unfortunately, life has been a bit busy lately, and I haven't had a chance to write this thread out until now. It's a great car, been with me since high school, and carried me through every single day of college... Pretty much without any hiccups. In the 6 years I've owned this car, it has only left me stranded once (fuckin' fuel pump relay).. and not even far from home, and I have to attest that this little car is one hell of a strong vehicle with all the hard driving I have done with it. I got to compete in two full AutoX seasons with our local BMW club, one year coming runner up, and last year winning the series by a thread, less than a single point! I've done more track days than I ever thought possible, and the car taught me a lot about car control and feedback, and it definitely hasn't gone unnoticed as it earned me the privilege to start Instructing at the track at the age of 21. Even though priorities change when you get older, I am grateful that I grew up in an E30, and I'll definitely be back in the E30 circle sometime soon... hopefully something more track oriented than this one.

Anyways, now that I have bored you enough with my little story, you are rewarded with epic E30 pics! I recently had a friend of a friend shoot my car at the racetrack, since I don't really have a good camera, and only have a handful of decent shots that others have taken over the years. Kind of a memories thing, as it will always be remembered best to me at the racetrack.

Shoutouts to Matt Berenz aka Deathlens, master photographer who has his own little media outfit making insanely sick videos and obviously awesome photography. Find him here on Vimeo and Flickr.

BTW, the most recent additions to the car were the Base Euro headlights, removed the fogs and all HIDs, and the vented DTM mirrors... kind of to give it that track/DTM flavor I always wanted this car to have. I guess white wheels would have been icing on the cake... but its good enough :)

Enjoy!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

those wheels look great!

and cool shots on the track homie :)
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop?? ;-)
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    But of course
    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I hope the new owner loves that car as much as you obviously do.
      Well see you in an E30 soon enough!
      sigpic

Comment

love the car and the photography
        E30 325I > SOLD
        E30 318IS > SOLD
        E39 530I > SOLD
        EP3 > SOLD
        95 M3 > SOLD
        97 M3 > DD

Comment

Ahh, this was one of my favorites.
          This is the kind of car that I'd search for and buy back when I was way older.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Wow, I love this car. #1 and #4 are amazing. Make sure the new owner takes care of it as well as you did, because you will wind up missing it, be it a month, a year or a decade from now.

Comment

Great looking car! Just graduated from high school and all the cars I've had, have been E30's. Could never think of selling mine. But must be hard. Don't worry you will be back in no time!
              '91 318is

Comment

wow those shots are amazing!! r3v will be here for you when you come back :)

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

these are some mighty good pictures.
                  -Paolo
                  1986 325e RIP.
                  1989 525i
                  1986 635CSI

Comment

why the hell are u selling. you just got the mtech2 kit on last year. shame on you

that said. it reiterates the point. red e30s look the best

Comment

nice shots

Comment

nicely done sir!
                        GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

great shots!! i lurve clouds for shots like those.

Comment

Great track shots. The wide out pictures are very nice.

What is your DD now?
                            -tim
                            Originally posted by Jordan
                            I like the stance
                            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Beautiful parting shots. Sorry to see it sold, but there's a lucky new owner out there.
                              sigpic
                              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
                              X