Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

I am now the proud owner of a calypso 1992 325i convertible :) I've always loved e30s, and my dad mentioned wanting to sell his, so I hoped on it. The poor car has just been sitting in his driveway for years not being driven because he rides his motorcycle everywhere. 138k miles. Automatic (considering a tranny swap, I really want a 5spd...). I've had it a little over a month now. When I got it the top was in terrible shape- the back window was duct taped in and had been like that for years, and there was a pretty bad oil leak (my dad said it was the oil pan gasket, but I took a look at it and it was just the valve cover gasket... a much easier fix! :) ).

Pics of when I got her:

mine and my friends' (mine with duct taped window)

Got a top off of a parts car:

all the trim was super faded so I painted it, along with the whole grill cause the chrome on the kindeys was chipping off. also painted the window trim black, it was looking a little rough too.

mustache is off, I got tired of it.

lowering it soon.

Inspiration:

^droooooool...

Nice and congrats
    sigpic

1989 Toyota Liteace- Surf Mobile Forsale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215019
    2012 Porsche 911 Black Edition-Sold
    2007 E-Class 350 -Sold

Comment

Well, I really like the color! Maybe we should go on a date sometime.
      Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

So many nice Calypsos lately!!
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Welcome!

Sweet ride! I want a convertible so bad!

Comment

Welcome to the Calypso club. So you just painted the chrome trim? What did you use?

Comment

awesome car laura. my brother just bought a 92 vert calypso also... thats so cool to see so many... good luck modding. looks like you're off to a good start..

welcome btw.
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                looks like you have a great base to start with!
                sigpic

Comment

Sweet car Laura,

I have the same exact car. Where did you say you got that top? Is the interior tan leather? Congrats again.......

Comment

Calypso m-tech 2 cars are awesome... I wish mine was calypso when ever I see that pic.

Comment

Another vert! welcome to r3v. This is my second favorite color =) Since you want to go LOW send me a PM and I will help you though setting your car up right.

@Smoove1, is that some sort of purple? I am doing technoviolet =)
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                        Well, I really like the color! Maybe we should go on a date sometime.
                        LOL, Your quick!...nice car Laura, looking for one in this color for my wife. Welcome to the madness!
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to r3v. Great looking vert!

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Nice, I like the color (see attached 91 325i). I am thinking of painting my chrome window trim black. Can you post a better picture of yours?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice vert laura! I think my buddy knows of that car, he mentioned a calypso vert sitting somewhere in charlotte a while back. Welcome to e30s!
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                              X