Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Regnar75
    replied
    .

    carpet definitely came out nice. meow just swap out that auto....

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    Thanks. I'd like to get 16s and just something wider than what I've got. But I just bought brand new tires all the way around for my weaves so I may keep them and get spacers.
    10mm spacer max on stock lugs, I will get you a picture of a wheel with a 10mm spacer and a rotor behind it to show the amount of thread that goes into the hub.

    I love how the black carpet came out, I am going to do that to my brother's vert. Thought it would be a good idea when I swap the interior around.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    dude, there's nothing wrong with the weaves. my put my mtech's weaves on my wife's jetta and every time i drive her car i love the feel. they are made very well in compassion the crap today plus, they give the car a nice vintagey feel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Court M3
    That came out pretty nice. What are your plans for wheels?
    Thanks. I'd like to get 16s and just something wider than what I've got. But I just bought brand new tires all the way around for my weaves so I may keep them and get spacers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    That came out pretty nice. What are your plans for wheels?

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    did it. Needs a couple spots touched up tomorrow and brushed to make it soft again but other than that it's done:) I really like how it turned out. I just used some black paint my boyfriend had at work- he's a detail manager and it's the same paint they use at the dealership to touch up black carpets.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Do it! there's some DIYs on it. that brown carpet gets pretty dirty over 20 years.
    yep I've been reading up on it:) my boyfriend and I are in the process of dying the carpet in his e39, it's turning out really well so far.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by DooDanE30
    beige top has to go fyi.
    eh, I'm ok with it for now. Wasn't a fan at first but got used to it, and now I'm debating whether I want to go back to black or not. I have a black top that needs the rear window sewn in, or I can attempt dying the tan one. So far no one wants to trade their black top for a tan one lol.

    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    just ordered a set of ST springs meself... That's some serious squat in the back though. Which ST springs are those again?

    Also, stock shocks.... that's gonna be one bouncy ride, and a high rick of oil pan mashage.
    the 318is ones. it sits level. and yeah... my shocks hate me right now. I need to replace them asap.
    Last edited by Laura; 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    just ordered a set of ST springs meself... That's some serious squat in the back though. Which ST springs are those again?


    Also, stock shocks.... that's gonna be one bouncy ride, and a high rick of oil pan mashage.

    Leave a comment:


  • DooDanE30
    replied
    beige top has to go fyi.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    Do it! there's some DIYs on it. that brown carpet gets pretty dirty over 20 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    I'm thinking about dying the carpet black. Since it's somewhat nasty as is.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Regnar75
    looks good lowered... im not big on verts, does the top soak through? based on the picture it looks like it does
    It doesn't leak from the roof when it rains... only problem is when it rains hard I get water in the rear floorboard and a little under the rear seat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Regnar75
    replied
    looks good lowered... im not big on verts, does the top soak through? based on the picture it looks like it does

    Leave a comment:


  • KamakaziX
    replied
    Shit's slammed, yo.

    Leave a comment:

Working...