New Paint Job *new pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint Job *new pics*

Heres my 89 325is project. Its been in the body shop for 6 months, finally got it tonight. Heres some pics from in my garage. I will get more tomorrow in the light.

Heres a before shot.... rust is the devil

I love the all white no matter what everyone says about black rockers. Way to go man, slam it on some ronals and you would have a pimp ass rig there.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

It looks good, but it could use some contrast.
      Jamie Webster
      '89 325is - sold :(
      '96 Miata - sold
      '01 M5 - sold
      '02 Civic Si

Comment

looks great! quite a transformation. that's a long ass time for a respray though, unless the necessary bodywork was more rotted than the pic aludes to

i really like it. but if you take ^that advice and try and get some more contrast, just get black wheels w/polished lip or something.

and slam it!
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
          I love the all white no matter what everyone says about black rockers. Way to go man, slam it on some ronals and you would have a pimp ass rig there.
          I agree, the all white looks good. But like JWeb said, some contrast would look good with black rocker's.
          Nice Job :up:

Comment

Its been in the body shop for 6 months
            Looks good but needs contrast. And Why oh why did it take so long? I would have forgotten I owned by that point.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Looks great and glad to hear that the old disable fart managed to get off his ass and finish it.

To try and answer the qustions of why it took so long

Old man in his 70-80's was painting the car and i think he has medical issues but im not postive on that but i am sure Ryan (325is_e30) can fill you all in on it. 8)

Comment

Lookin real good. I hope mine turns out that good when I get it painted in the following months!

Comment

looks great :up:
                  98 M3/4/5

Comment

To answer the questions about why it took so long. The guy isnt old, about 45. He is built of plates from crashing on motorcycles (speedway racing) and seems to always hurt his back. The guy is a craftsman and perfectionist and I realized that you cant hurry a craftsman if you want a good job. I am pleased with the job and happy I waited for what I got.
                    I purposly painted the moldings, so idk what you want me to do about contrast. For xmas I got h&r and bilstein combo. I also have wheels and tires, but im not putting them on untill the suspension work is complete.

Comment

I purposly painted the moldings, so idk what you want me to do about contrast.
                      I realize you purposly painted the moldings, I just don't like the way it looks.
                      Jamie Webster
                      '89 325is - sold :(
                      '96 Miata - sold
                      '01 M5 - sold
                      '02 Civic Si

Comment

All that time, money, and work.

And its white

ick :roll:

Nice appliance

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

man i cant belive all the hate, your car is nice hella nice. good and clean , thats the look i love. it great love it :up:

Comment

I think it looks great.. certainly better than 90% of the cars on this forum. I don't see anything wrong with white cars either, it's not much more neutral than silver...
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm digging it. I think once mine finally gets repainted, I'm going to go with something similar in a misano red, I like the body color rocker panels.

-Charlie
                              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                              FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                              X