Touring in Corsica...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touring in Corsica...

So, after buying a touring and working on it to get it road worthy, i decided to join up my dad in corsica... Kind of a euro cross-country bash. I left brussels @ 7:pm, got to the harbor in nice, france @ 6:00am (1200kms total) to take the ferry to Ajaccio, Corisca.
    Here is the Ferry.. pretty crazy thing, does 37 knots fully loaded

The car ran awesome, great power, just a slight overheating @ 180kph, i guess the turbo got red hot.. saw a couple sparks fly out the back of the car :? so i slowed her down to 160kph, and all went well.

So far i've only (well axel has) turned up the boost.. new stereo and tires)..
    Stereo consists of Pioneer deck w/ red illumiation

This w/ black face and red buttons..' cheap and does the job..

Since my cousin here is exclusive importer for CERWING VEGA for europe i picked up some of their components at a good price. Got some euro dins for the rear doors and some 5 1/4 components up front, sounds awesome.

Future plans for her are just some wheel hubcaps and an intercooler.

To the pix:

Little overlook on the d555 route to CAMPO MORO

In the Harbor of PROPRIANO parking... next to a US spec cabby ;-)

and lastly on the beach next to PROPRIANO

Something cool that happened in CAMPO MORO is i parked it overnight and came the next day to drive it somewhere.. and i spotted a B3 3.2 ALPINA e36 touring with BBS LMs on it parked... i drooled over the car so much that i didn't notice my car and kept walking... when i got confused of where i parked my car, i turned around it,... and it was behind the alpina :-)

Anyways,
    comments and suggestions welcome.

Julien in France.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Pics don't work.

Comment

pics work fine for me.

Car looks great. If only the tourings came to the US.
      HDE30 <3

Comment

sounds like a good time. thats pretty rare to see a us spec car here in europe. If your ever on your travels and come to southern germany, make sure to look me up first, sure I can show you some cool stuff around here.

Comment

Nice pictures man. I love that touring.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

tourings are so sweet great lookin' car nice pics. Looks like a fun road trip
            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Fucking awesome man. I love tourings.
              Current BMW's:
              2004 330Ci
              1986 European 325i cabrio
              1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
              1989 325is RIP
              1989 325iX RIP
              2001 740iL RIP

Comment

damn julien you were only about a 30 min ferry ride from La Maddalena Italy. I would have taken you out. If you are still there give me a holler.

ygpm
                Continuous For Sale Thread
                323i s50

Comment

god bless tourings. nice pics man.

Comment

Hi guys. Been viewing the forums for a little while, this is my first post though.
                    I noticed your touring has a UNC-Asheville sticker in the back window. Are you still a student, or a graduate?

I actually own an e36 by the way, but I really like the e30s as well. llll1l1ll is a friend of mine in real life, he introduced me to BMWs.
                    e36 owner.
                    e30 admirer.

Comment

Originally posted by McSquash
                      Hi guys. Been viewing the forums for a little while, this is my first post though.
                      I noticed your touring has a UNC-Asheville sticker in the back window. Are you still a student, or a graduate?

I actually own an e36 by the way, but I really like the e30s as well. llll1l1ll is a friend of mine in real life, he introduced me to BMWs.
                      I'm still a student.. taking a semester abroad ;-)

Julien
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

nice touring. what are you planning to do when (if) you move back to the states? Are you going to sell the car or try and import it?

I always fancy I will go overseas for a semester and scoop an e30 m3, and import it for "track use" and do trackdays with it until the 25 year period is up and I could register it legally
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

should i paint the IS sides silver? paint the IS lip black? or leave it as-is?
                          Build Threads:

Comment

i'd say leave it as is. I like body colored sideskirts, but I think that would necessitate aftermarket sideskirts, as I think the factory touring sideskirts are too high compared to the low "is" lip
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                            X