Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels and finally lowered!

[totally logged me out upon posting. copied to Word ftw!]

My trusty daily finally got some non standard loving for a change that wasn't just purely stock mechanical repairs.
    Suspension done! (4 blown shocks/failed shock mounts+stock springs) and 4x4 status.

Now w/ Kings springs + boge shocks, and also picked up some wheels yesterday (16") . Funny enough the guy selling turned out to be and ex bmw service manager from Sth Africa, talked e30's for ages haha.

I can't believe how well it handles. Everytime I hit any corner at any speed just makes me smile, I used to have to slow right down because the car would lean so badly and the wheels would shudder for metres after hitting any bump in the road.

So stoked. Soooo stoked!

Before
    (w/ wheels 15" racing dynamics 205/55/15)

After
    Instant drop is @20mm (2 days old today) and should settle another approx/15mm.
    w/ Wheels 16" 205/50/15

The painted (15") Racing dynamics ended up going really dark and baked on brake dust made the car look like a rolling dark block (more-so) and really needed repainting. I've got 5mm spacers to go on so should make these sit out a little more like the dynamics did.
    Loving it.
    Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I <3 dead naked girls.

I feel your pain. My struts/shocks are toast too. That wheel shudder scares the hell out of you doesn't it?

Comment

Needs a bit more in the front, if it does not settle enough drop hats ;) But looks great other than that!

I remember the very first time I dropped my e30. I installed my first ever set of coilovers and fell in love! Makes my heart skip everytime =)
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Front is too high.

Comment

Cut a coil or two in the front
          My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

What wheels are those 16's? Not usually a big fan of 5-spoke wheels on E30's, but those are very clean and look great.

Comment

Thanks for kind words :D

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
              Cut a coil or two in the front
              Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
              Front is too high.
              I was waiting for these XD

They should settle in and get a little lower as they are only 48 hours/100kms old. if it still needs more up front, like Fear said it'll be drophats, going off the manufactures specs they should have
              another 15mm to settle too. I don't want anything too low as it's my daily and I don't want to have to worry about it too much (I say that now...ha). Plus any extra drop from where its at is a bonus as im pretty pleased already haha.

I'm not sure what the wheels are, i've posted in the wheel ID thread. They look extremely similar to Borbet type T's. I'll be ordering tires tomorrow. They are currently on 205/50's but I might see if I can get away with 205/55's to add a little meat and close up the wheel gap even more.
              Last edited by Aus E30; 10-09-2011, 12:03 AM.
              Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

congrats! looks good! might want to lower as little...

Comment

^ =p

Just decided to give the wheels some elbow grease.

Degreaser + Scourer(sp?) + wheel cleaner + mag polish
                  Progress:

I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

I like the wheels mate :up:

Comment

I like it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice looking car! Don't get your hopes up too much on it going down another 15mm, at most a car will settle maybe 5mm on decent quality springs. That's fine for a DD though!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

i like the dark gray color, just needs an IS lip ;)
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by Aus E30 View Post
                            My trusty daily finally got some non standard loving for a change that wasn't just purely stock mechanical repairs.
                            Suspension done! (4 blown shocks/failed shock mounts+stock springs) and 4x4 status.
                            i had the same thing. lowered it, and now i blast through corners. so much fun!

Comment

Soo much fun. Every roundabout has now become a chicane haha.

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                              i like the dark gray color, just needs an IS lip ;)
                              I KNOW RIGHT. Closest lip I could find for sale on ebay (aus) wanted $300, another wanted $400...and non of the US suppliers ship to Australia. The hunt continues.

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                              Nice looking car! Don't get your hopes up too much on it going down another 15mm, at most a car will settle maybe 5mm on decent quality springs. That's fine for a DD though!
                              ah that's good news. I'm happy with where it's at (until I get the MOAR LOW bug) lol

My ride home too/from work was amazing. All the usual places where I know I skip/swerve/bounce were met with smooth un-leaning goodness.

I hit up the local wheel place about acid bathing the wheels, the guy told me they wouldnt be able to get that much baked on grime off and that I should keep at cleaning them by hand unless I send them to get refinished. So im about too hit the garage now with some scrub-like pads I got from work.

I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Working...
                              X