Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi from Australia!

Hey all,

My names Nick. I live in Sydney Australia. I literally bought my very own E30 yesterday and am now a proud owner! I've just come from owning a late model Subaru, it's so different, but I love the E30. I was told to get onto these forums from a bloke on the Suby forums I hang around.. he said you were all a bunch of yanks, so what ever hahahaha.

Anyway here are the details and pictures.. sorry for shit quality, haven't taking it out for a proper photoshoot yet and just relying on the carsales advertisement pictures on the net too.

I know it's a replica, I know it's got an M badge.. I know it's missing an eyebrow.. I know the interior is pretty far out but I this is how I bought it and I've got plans.

So, as far as I gathered from the last owner.. it's got a 325 top end.. and 323 bottom end? So it's kind a mix between the 2.5 and 2.3L?

It's only got 140,000km on it.. you yanks do the maths into miles.

I've got a few questions though.

1. That little computer up the top.. the "coolant" light is on.. What's that mean? I need to change coolant? Or it's getting hot?
    2. Car makes all sorts of rough funny noises.. like things are rubbing, I guess it's hard to explain but maybe its just the age.
    3. Central locking. It doesn't work. I can't lock the driver side door when the car door is open.. the pin won't go down. So I need to go around to the passenger side, and lock everything from the inside.. What's the go?
    4. 1st crunches. It's hard to get into. Any ideas?
    5. Noticed an oil leak. Looks like one of the breathers. Any ideas?
    6. "INSPECTION" light is on. How do I reset it to turn off?
    7. L/100km guage just goes nuts when I drive and doesn't drop below the max. Common problem?
    8. The bucket seats are way too low, suggestions? Just get stock seats?
    9. Suggestions for a sound system? There are only two 5" speakers on the parcel shelf that's it..

Thanks guys,

Nick.
    Last edited by AussieTemplar; 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM.
    1989 Australian Delivered 325iS Mtech 2.
    Fully worked M20B31 stroker. 143kw atw/285ntq atw.

Did you buy it from a Persian/Lebanese guy? EDIT; disclaimer-I'm not saying all Persian/Lebanese guys have bad tastes, just seems like a legitimate question
    Looks like it's in good shape other than the garish ///M and Alpina crap.

Search in the M20 section about your franken motor. I've never heard of the combination before, but that's most likely because we never got E30 323s

Searching first is a good rule of thumb, your question has probably been asked and answered before, multiple times.

1 - That is just the coolant level dumby light. There is a fault somewhere in the circuit, most likely the sensor itself.
    2 - M20 sounds like a sewing machine. Thats normal. Can't comment on anything else.
    3 - No idea.
    4 - Bad shifter bushings etc? Maybe just a fucked up gear.
    5 - M20 Section, can't help w/o pictures
    6 - That is the oil change dumby light (assuming it's the same one I'm thinking of). It's very easy to do...just jumper two pins at the diagnostic port. A search in Technical will come up with a few threads.
    7 - Not sure what would cause that.
    8 - Those things are ridiculous.
    9 - Quick search in the Audio section will come up with some nice options. The "Lukebox" seems like a great buy, I don't have any personal experience w/ them though
    Last edited by Eecen; 10-26-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Loose those gnarly badges, gad damn it. This car is not an M3. Nor it is an Alpina.
      BTW, Previous owner deserves a death from anthrax.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Thanks for the reply lads, and yep, it was a lebo hahahaha, so they have just as bad taste in Canada too?

Shifter bushings were my guess too, it seems also 1st doesn't crunch if I put it in second then back to first.

Cheers for the help, badges are on their way out soon.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the the site! :up:

Car is nice and shiny and has lots of potential.

As far as some of your issues ....heres a few answers:
          The coolant light above is the coolant level sensor, could be slightly low or like menitoned the sensor could be due for a replacement as they get gunked yp over time.

The drivers door will not lock if it is open, some sort of safety,conveience feature.
          If the doors don't work with the key just try locking with the trunk lock. Lots of e30 owners go this route once the door cylinder craps out.

As far as mods go...I would suggest removing all those badges before you ever drive the thing.
          Will make a massive improvements and other BMW owners in the know won't think your a giant twat.
          I'd say remove every badge from the front and your choice to leave only the "323i" on the trunk or shave the trunk completely.

Good luck on your future modding and be sure and keep us updated with pics! :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Welcome mate,

I saw that on carsales a couple weeks ago :| how much u end up paying??

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
            BTW, Previous owner deserves a death from anthrax.
            Agreed!

And I just really hope YOU like the interior! because I can't see many on here liking the tacky style of it.

ENJOY

Comment

Thanks for the help Teaguer.

And e30Nicko: paid $4000 for it! Bargain?

Will remove badges ASAP.. are they actually bolted with a clip, or can I just get some fishing line and wiggle them off? I'd get ride of all of the badges, except the BMW one.

Oooh! So the truck locks all the doors?! Awesome.

Comment

$4000 isnt that bad considering you are in australia and e30's are few and far between. If it's 140 k's on the body that is extremely low k's done so that is a major plus. It has alot of potential that is for sure.

Your car came with euro bumpers stock, I would take of the plastic one and but the euros back on. They can be had for 50-100 but you have to wait for a set to pop up.

Comment

i was going to buy this car to wreck it a few months ago, it has a standard 2.3 not a 2.5.
                  They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
                  - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
                  - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
                  - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

Comment

$4000 seems pretty good in aus.

I didnt know that you guys had a 100kph restriction even on green P's, that kinda sucks

Comment

Welcome Sir.

I like the car, minus a few things already mentioned. I would like to first see what a drop and removal of that rear wing does for your car. Everything else will come with time and experience.
                      This forum has a lot of good info for the e30 and if you use the search function, you can find a thread on just about anything you got questions for. :up:

Enjoy your stay.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by BMC227 View Post
                        i was going to buy this car to wreck it a few months ago, it has a standard 2.3 not a 2.5.
                        How much was he selling it for then? He said he's got the 2.5 top and 2.3 bottom end for all I know.

Originally posted by J3M93 View Post
                        $4000 seems pretty good in aus.

I didnt know that you guys had a 100kph restriction even on green P's, that kinda sucks
                        Yup, 80 on L's, 90 on reds, 100 on greens.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        Welcome Sir.

I like the car, minus a few things already mentioned. I would like to first see what a drop and removal of that rear wing does for your car. Everything else will come with time and experience.
                        This forum has a lot of good info for the e30 and if you use the search function, you can find a thread on just about anything you got questions for. :up:

Enjoy your stay.
                        Thanks for the welcome dude. I really like the rear wing but lowering it and removing the wing would definitely add some stance..

and some fat BBS's.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTemplar View Post
                          How much was he selling it for then? He said he's got the 2.5 top and 2.3 bottom end for all I know.

Some guy had it in Revesby for 1k, i checked it out but there wasn't much on there i could use. But it definitely has a 2.3
                          They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
                          - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
                          - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
                          - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

Comment

I like the wheels. Btw please paint the healight rings/mount thing black or something.
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Welcome! Looks like you have a pretty decent base to start from. Where abouts are you?
                              Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X