Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15x9 and 15x10 - project nearing completion (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x9 and 15x10 - project nearing completion (sort of)

I started on this project early Summer as a stock pretty crusty looking 318is, and this is where it sits now. I'm now on my second set of aftermarket wheels. The first were 15x8's. These are from 949racing. If you are unfamiliar with them they are very popular in the Honda and Miata racing world. I am running Toyo R888's on the rear. I just mounted up my extra Dunlops to the fronts for now so I can roll out to our local Socal yearly gathering in another weekend. I want to match the front grip to the rear obviously. That will come after the holidays. Then I'll be throwing some race worthy seats in as soon as I can.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219821 my build thread for more info

I just picked this Caddy up over the weekend also. I'll be starting in on it after the holidays. It's my daily at the moment. I love clunkin around town parking it with no worries. I can't wait to get it sitting right and looking cool though.

Still working on my STI also.
    GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Clean 318
    You might want to adjust that front bumper.
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Perfect stance man, in love =)
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Offset on these please!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Looks great! Just wish they weren't black so I could see them hahaha

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Love it. Wheels look great.
            91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

those look awesome. nice build
              Feedback
              Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Yes, offsets? Are you running spacers?
                S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                  Offset on these please!
                  Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                  Yes, offsets? Are you running spacers?
                  I had to run spacers. I did alot of hand measuring based on the 15x8 +4/-4 wheels I had before to come up with specs I would need to fit the 15x9/10. I didn't want too much poke because I drive the car hard. The final specs are 15x9 +10 and 15x10 +15. The rear may rub on the shock depending on the brand shock because some have a thick cover on them. My Camaro shock is modified to work. The front looks like the tire pokes a little more than the rear at this point, but it's because the Dunlop DZ101 has a huge lip protector that sticks out several millimeters past the lip. When I get a Grip tire on there like the rear that will go away and the front should perfectly match the rear. I am pretty anal about front to rear matching fitments.

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Looks great! Just wish they weren't black so I could see them hahaha
                  Thanks!

Turn up your monitor brightness... I edited the photos specifically to lighten up the wheels. It's really hard to get black wheels to show on white cars in photos because either the wheels will be dark and the car looks right or the car is super overexposed and you can see the wheels fine. I always thought pics were hard to see until I got a decent monitor for my PC.

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
                  those look awesome. nice build
                  Thank you!
                  GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

nice stormtrooper.

reminds me of my other e30 that i recently sold.

Comment

looking good. I thought you would have gone a way different route with the car for some reason. Kinda glad you stuck to your wide wheels, grippy tires scheme.

was thinking about 949 wheels too, as they are a stones throw away from me.

Comment

wow kudos to fitting those wheels, always loved the look! whats the widest tire you can fit on those? and if you don't mind, how much $$$ on spacers were necessary to fit these?
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice looking car man. Hoping to get my car at the same height.
                          '91 318is

Comment

What suspension are you running?

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                            Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
                              looking good. I thought you would have gone a way different route with the car for some reason. Kinda glad you stuck to your wide wheels, grippy tires scheme.

was thinking about 949 wheels too, as they are a stones throw away from me.
                              Thanks man... I loved the 15x8's, but I feel like the E30 can do so much more. I want the car to look mean and drive like it also. If I ever get the chance to order some custom wheels I will be going 15x10.5 in the rear. I am certain I can fit them at this point. I have the specs measured out.

I'm working on my STI again some and just got that Caddy project...

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                              wow kudos to fitting those wheels, always loved the look! whats the widest tire you can fit on those? and if you don't mind, how much $$$ on spacers were necessary to fit these?
                              I'd probably say a 225/45/15 track tire would be about as wide at you can go considering most would run the width of a 245 street tire in real world specs (don't always go simply off of what they print on charts).

I think it cost an extra $200 or so to get the wheels mounted on with spacers and studs and such.

Originally posted by !AjHoWzA! View Post
                              Nice looking car man. Hoping to get my car at the same height.
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by 86 325e View Post
                              What suspension are you running?
                              Modified H&R Race with custom fitted KYB Camaro shocks in the rear. Also some additional bracing. I can toss this car around so hard. There's more I want to do, but I can say I am happy.
                              GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Working...
                              X