Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY E30 VERT the good the bad and the VLAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get some pictures of the bad job?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      This thread gnaws a bone. It seems there is more evidence of wrong-doing from the Yan thread overflow here than evidence that the OP has provided. I suspect the OP has been wronged, but must say: without some pertinent facts (receipts, pictures, etc) from the OP, this thread is in danger of being perceived as "piling on".

I should add, Vlad's conduct here is unbecoming, and reason enough to avoid his business. Belittling and attacking people with legitimate concerns are typically the tactics of someone with something to hide. What a shame.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

For the record, I don't think Dermeister was being a fanboy, not that anybody accused me of saying so. Glad that got smoothed over.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

I had a brand new truck shipped to me when I was overseas (Army). The Factory fresh truck showed up with severe scratches from shipping, and keep in mind the shipping company had my truck for over a month. Their insurance paid me after I had the damage estimated at a local body shop. They did not however, repaint my new truck even though they had it for over a month (not 3 days)! Ok that was me yelling at the tv, back to spectating!!
          450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

Here you go, as I said before there not as bad as Yans but to me there horrible.
            First pic is of chipping flaking paint that has come off just from the trip to my brothers house (about 70 miles from AMS)
            second pick is of the other fender that's doing the same plus the bodywork is cracking and rusting underneath.
            The under hood pics show the rusting corners and the yellowing bubble on the underside of the hood.
            The rest is of pitting and paint chipping from the drive home alone.
            Hence the reason I will be having AMS repaint my car after next summer.

Last edited by M3TROY; 12-16-2011, 06:44 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

unacceptable imo. If it were a paint job 1/3 or even 1/2 of what you paid, maybe....but for a high end paint job, none of those flaws should've left the shop.
              www.instagram.com/snwmble
              #snwmble

Current:
              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

What's up with the fitment?

What was actually done to your car?
                ///M Inside

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonno View Post
                  What's up with the fitment?

What was actually done to your car?
                  those gaps are way off. unless the hood is propped open
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

The grill/wing/bonnet detail looks all wrong also.
                    ///M Inside

Comment

Assuming that Vlad would be fixing for free, if these are the only flaws, I would probably give him a second chance at it just because its free, before you spend more thousands on letting someone else repaint it. Even if you hate him right now, just think about the cost to you.

Was there anymore spots or was this it? Have you examined every inch?

I'm completely with you, if it was my vert and I paid as much as you I'd be pissed as well.
                      I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                      Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

He had several chances to do right by me to no avail.
                        He held my OEM hood and top for ransome as he was told months ago I will be posting my issues with him in public.
                        He finally painted my hood 2 weeks ago and it looked like shit ( almost looked like he did it on purpose) as he knew what I was going to do.
                        Y else would it take him 8 months to paint my hood?
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                          I'm leaving for the weekend, hope you have fun here :D
                          I would be on the run a lot longer than a weekend....

Comment

Ok, OP wins. If I just cashed out a fuck-load of money on painting my prized possesion (aka E30), I would NOT want any of that shit appearing on my car afterwards....

I'm starting to wonder, maybe...did we wrongly ban Sonnyqm3?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Ok, OP wins. If I just cashed out a fuck-load of money on painting my prized possesion (aka E30), I would NOT want any of that shit appearing on my car afterwards....

Story?

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post

Bring SonnyQ (Karim) back!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X