Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY E30 VERT the good the bad and the VLAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frankenbeemer
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    M3TROY, sorry about you not being able to post for a day or two.

For some reason your account changed itself to "awaiting email confirmation". Not something anybody on the staff did, just a software hickup.
    That clears that up. My apologies to you, M3TROY, for speculating that you might be in "time out". I also believe that Vlad took advantage of you just as you stated. I was hoping he might have sent you a receipt, something he apparently doesn't do. I just wanted you to know I didn't doubt you.

Some (probably unnecessary) advice to other members of the board who have read the threads involved with this:

Get signed work orders that detail the work to be performed with quantifiable standards for the quality of work if possible. Get receipts.

"Trust, but verify", Ronald Reagan.

"You get what you inspect, not what you expect", me. Actually, I think I plagiarized that, but don't remember who to attribute it to.

Leave a comment:

• M3TROY
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post

For some reason your account changed itself to "awaiting email confirmation". Not something anybody on the staff did, just a software hickup.

Naa no worrys at all.
    I honestly thought it was something I did on my end, as I said before I suck when it comes to computers.
    Thanks again for your help :up:

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied

Leave a comment:

• M3TROY
    replied
    Originally posted by EtirtyEssFity View Post
    M3TROY- props for taking on the odds and sticking to your guns. Granted this was a expensive life lesson for you but in the end you have helped out the community and should be applauded for that.

As for Vlad, he dug his grave maybe he will see the light and become a better person/business owner down the road.

I had made the same kind of post on another forum concerning DDM tuning and think it had helped some not make the mistakes I did. You showed you have the thick skin to go through with this, not everyone has that in them, so sleep well tonight knowing you did the right thing and helped out countless others.

--Godspeed--

Thank you very much for the kind words, I know others have knocked me for the way this was all presented and I don't fault them for there OP.
    We all have different ways of doing things and there really is no wrong way as long as something gets done.
    Sometimes people try to be all things to all people and it comes off dis-in genuine.
    I only know one way to be, just me ;).

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Pino
    replied
    I tried posting about this, respectfully, over on BFc and it was removed.
    We should mass post about this issue. People over there do business with him as well.
    I'm disgusted, shocked, and really hope he's excommunicated from all the forums.

Leave a comment:

• EtirtyEssFity
    replied
    M3TROY- props for taking on the odds and sticking to your guns. Granted this was a expensive life lesson for you but in the end you have helped out the community and should be applauded for that.

As for Vlad, he dug his grave maybe he will see the light and become a better person/business owner down the road.

I had made the same kind of post on another forum concerning DDM tuning and think it had helped some not make the mistakes I did. You showed you have the thick skin to go through with this, not everyone has that in them, so sleep well tonight knowing you did the right thing and helped out countless others.

--Godspeed--

Leave a comment:

• M3TROY
    replied
    thanks guys.

ill take some good pics of the bay and interior once i get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Anguz
    replied
    saw the motor and i came

Leave a comment:

• catuned
    replied
    Absolutely NUTS! Wow.. I dont know how anyone can do that type of work. If you love e30's and cars in general how can you hack up a car like that. WOW

And to swap parts out that's a sin in it self. NO, no no. That's stealing from your self man. Dont do anything to your self you wouldn't do to others. And if you damage something let the customer know and do what's right.

The aftermarket replacement hood aka make in Taiwan will never fit right and is total crap and is like $180 bucks new.. but is paper thin and is molded wrong!

Nuts.. Im mad as hell just reading this. This is the reason ppl dont trust shops.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    replied
    Just read the entire thread, as well as Yans, and it's simply appalling!

I'm glad to see that my suspicions of Vlad being a poseur and a dimwit were right on. I held no foul judgements about it b/c I figured he was a dude with the money to afford nice things, so whatever. Being a moron and poseur on the interwebs is one thing, but conning people out of thousands of dollars is another, and I'm relieved to see him banned.

Leave a comment:

• Wisky
    replied
    After the AMG wheels thread with obvious curb-rash and Vlad saying "they were damaged in shipping" - I just could not justify spending $1000, let alone $6000 to do business with him. I own a small business myself, and while it's not in the automotive service industry, I will gladly refund someone and take a loss to protect my reputation.

M3TROY, edit your first post to show the pics of the car. And if possible, replace those pics with better, high res shots.

Leave a comment:

• M3TROY
    replied
    Originally posted by Dsun View Post
    M3Troy, post your story on Bimmerforums.com

Vlad has a presence there too and it be a shame if more oblivious enthusistis are scammed.

I'm surprised it's not there already, To be honest I don't think I have the energy to fend off a million more questions.
    I'm starting to see y people would rather just keep there mouths shut aposed to bucking the trend.

Leave a comment:

• frankenbeemer
    replied
    Originally posted by OBryan562 View Post
    Maybe Vlad is just a worker that works there and Bob yound is the owner! maybe Vlad is Putting his own price on work and tells his boss "BOB" that he's bringing business and maybe the paint jobs are only $1,500?!! And he's putting his price on top of that! lol shit idk
    I was having similar thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by chutrain View Post
    Is it safe to bring SonnyQ back? I've heard from people in Vlad's circle
    that he did indeed send him curbed wheels. I don't post on here much,
    but I do believe Karim was wrongly accused. This is not his first incident
    where people have had issues with him and the items he has sent. One
    even ended up in court.

I am glad that even though the OP and Yan did not get things rectified,
    or monetary return, they are getting closure to such problems and ridding
    this forum of a long time parasite.
    Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
    I believe SonnyQ was banned because he personally attacked Vlad, not because the mods felt he was lying. Many people questioned certain aspects of transaction, the pictures provided presale conveniently excluded views of the area of the wheels in dispute. Maybe other things too, I believe you can review it still.

I feel comfortable that the mods did not ban anyone for off forum behavior here.
    Sonny and Vlad are brothers from a different mother. Thankfully, the paint work I hired Sonny's shop to do on my car came out great--but only because I was there to help and oversee every step of the way and he brought in an outside guy to spray it. Oh, and also because I ended up paying to get it colorsanded by a real pro, not by his shop. Asshat almost held my car hostage for more money after we had an agreement, but I was smarter than he thought. As far as I'm concerned, they deserve each other in the banned world they now reside in.

Leave a comment:

• e30lov
    replied
    Originally posted by Youngs Autobody Website
    Young’s Collision Services hereby provides a Limited Warranty on repairs performed by the shop. This Limited Warranty is valid only for as long as you own the vehicle stated herein, and is for the person to whom this Limited Warranty is granted and whose name appears herein and on the original work order. This is a labor only, fragmented four part Limited Warranty, and stipulations pertaining to each fragmented part are stated hereafter:
    1. METALWORK: Young’s Collision Services provides a LIFTIME LIMITED WARRANTY on all metalwork, to include welding and the application of materials utilized in making collision repairs against cracking, flaking, pitting or deterioration, excluding rust repairs. The Shop will repair and repaint, excluding rust repairs, any metalwork warranted hereby, when claim is made while the present owner stated herein owns the vehicle, unless caused by or damaged resulting from unreasonable use, maintenance, or care of the vehicle.

2. PAINTING, STRIPES AND DECALS: Young’s Collision Services provides a LIMITED WARRANTY provides a LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY on painting-related priming and painting work against solvent blistering, peeling, hazing and excessive loss of pigmentation, and, a ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY on the application and adhesion of decorative stripes and decals, excluding those defects which are caused by extreme environmental conditions to which the vehicle may be exposed. The Shop will re-prime, repaint, re-stripe or re-decal the specific section or sections of the vehicle warranted hereby (excluding rust repaint), when claim is made within the warranted period, unless caused by or damaged resulting from unreasonable use, maintenance or care of the vehicle.

3. MECHANICAL REPAIRS: Young’s Collision Services provides a SIX (6) MONTHS LIMITED WARRANTY on all mechanical repairs pertaining directly to original collision damage. The Shop will re-repair any mechanical assembly or component warranted hereby, when claim is made within warranted period, unless caused by or damaged resulting from unreasonable use, maintenance, or care of the vehicle.

4. PARTS: Young’s Collision Services provides a THREE (3) MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY, unless mfg. warranty is less or more, on new parts installed by or at The Shop. (Please Note: Shop warranty does not exceed mfg. warranty.) The Shop will re-repair or replace any defective part warranted hereby, when claim is made within warranted period, unless caused by or damaged resulting from unreasonable use, maintenance, or care of the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X