Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY E30 VERT the good the bad and the VLAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so can I send back the ellipsoids that were suppose to be in excellent condition for $175 I bought a couple months back ? In excellent condition they appeared to be resprayed with flat black and the adjusters were painted silver with a brush.....cheesy. I know you personally did not do it yourself, as one of your shop guys probably refurbed them, but come'on dont your check the work coming out of your shop ? Sorry but when I see a thread like this I think about the crap I got. It's all good, just had to get that out.
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
      I think the reason people don't openly complain about the shabbie paint jobs is they don't want to bring attention to themselves for being dumb enough to pay good money for shitty work. Or they are trying to sell the car and don't want to bring negative attention to it.

i could not agree more.
      i on the other had i could care less as i wont be sell my car.
      and in fact will more than likely be repainting it after the end of next summer.

seems like l slowed vlads roll...humm wonder y
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

One thing I want to point out is that it took one person to actually "stand up" to Vlad and then everyone comes in with their problems. Monkey see monkey do I guess.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by M3TROY View Post
          i could not agree more.

seems like l slowed vlads roll...humm wonder y
          seems like you're happy about being as unprofessional as Vlad in this scenario.

Hows about you all keep it off the forum (even though it's good entertainment....) until it's completely sorted out and no one is making up facts?

Comment

Originally posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
            It never ceases to amaze me how many auto businesses conduct their business dealing so unprofessionally. If you want to increase your business you learn how to handle upset clients tactfully. Even if your client is out of line and smearing your name there is ways to go about issuing damage control. The worst thing you can do is take offense and try to blast the client in front of everyone. This causes other potential clients to choose other options, as they see your company as a place where problems are handled poorly.
            If you are in the right then calmly ask the poster to PM or call you and you will do what ever it takes to make the OP satisfied. This will show future potential clients that you are dedicated to the needs and wants of your customers. And this will place you in the front seat, to create a lifetime client, if the client is willing to have the problem corrected. If they aren't, you can let it go knowing you did what you could and you look a heck of a lot better in other peoples sees.

It works. I do it with my work all the time. It's not hard to turn unhappy clients into life long clients.
            I know where you coming from and I agree BUT read this thread and tell me if I am wrong?
            Why do I have to defend myself against some one who comes out after 8 month since I painted his car and claims that I do shitty work?
            Thus guy was in my office last week, waisted 30 min of my time looking at my other projects, smiled, shakedown my hand and left, hasn't said a thing about being unhappy.
            And then I read this crap this morning..

Do you think I want customers like this back at my shop?

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
              One thing I want to point out is that it took one person to actually "stand up" to Vlad and then everyone comes in with their problems. Monkey see monkey do I guess.
              ahhh, I never said nothing because it wasnt worth making a big deal about. The lights are probably twenty years old. I bought an icv too from someone that wasnt any better than that one that was acting up. Thats just the way it rolls when you wanna play sometimes.
              [sigpic

Comment

Seems like a trend is occurring here. I definitely understand having to deal with tough customers, but this stuff should be done up to standard in the first place. There should be no sending the car back for fixes, they should be inspected before delivery to the owner so you have confidence everything is as good as you can make it. Especially when you have customers shipping their cars to you from other states. They give up enough time/money/effort to get it arranged, they shouldn't have to arrange it on multiple further occasions to have things "fixed".
                This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                  people are more likely to complain than to thank, it's a proven fact.
                  Out of 500-600 cars that go thru my shop every year only a handfull of people thank for good work, majority who complain say their tail light bulb doesn't work after we paint the front fender, hope you understand what I mean.

Also, most of my cars are bought by older people who appreciate good quality work and nice restorations, these people don't participate in this kind of circuis.

It's ok to post your opinion on public forum but we know that opinions are like assholes...
                  However, I never post any negative comments about anybody's work or cars simply because I do not see the car or the work with my eyes. I can advise on something but I never shit on any thread.

You get my drift?

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                    seems like you're happy about being as unprofessional as Vlad in this scenario.

Hows about you all keep it off the forum (even though it's good entertainment....) until it's completely sorted out and no one is making up facts?

im sorry maybe I missed it but... Where am I being unprofessional?
                    As ive said several times I brought up my issues to vlad right from the jump (well 3 months later that is) after that I decided to cut my losses and go else where.

There are also other issues that are at hand here as well such as being charged 350.00 for an OEM hood when what I got was a 80.00 cheap rep part.
                    Then when I asked about it he told me at first it was OEM then changed his story to (O you only paid for a cheap hood cauzz you wanted to save money).
                    At that point I told him to order me an OEM hood and was quoted a price of 680.00 for a part I can get myself for 450.00 with out a venders number.
                    This is just another small part of all the problems ive had with Vlad.

This thread is to save anyone who is thinking of getting there car done not just money but headache.

The lesson here is DON'T GO OFF INTERNET PICS!!

Comment

So do you sublet restorations to other shops to get paint/mechanical work done and claim the work as your own? Is that the main issue that M3troy is bringing up here or what

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                        I definitely understand having to deal with tough customers, but this stuff should be done up to standard in the first place. There should be no sending the car back for fixes, they should be inspected before delivery to the owner so you have confidence everything is as good as you can make it.
                        ohhh trust me, we inspect the cars, test drive them and make sure everything works and looks great. Problem is I don't know what this guy's issue is.
                        I painted the car 8 month ago and he hasn't said anything since then

Comment

Not taking either side here but wondering:
                          How did you end up taking car to Vlad in the first place? Based on forum rep, or just pics of cars he's done?
                          sigpic
                          Parts Wanted
                          The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                            ohhh trust me, we inspect the cars, test drive them and make sure everything works and looks great. Problem is I don't know what this guy's issue is.
                            Who painted the car? Did you paint the car personally? Did someone at your shop paint the car? Did you send the car to another shop for paint?

Because m3troy said you allegedly took your restoration cars and even your personal cars to other shops to have paintwork done, and that you only did body work

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post

vlad you seem to be looking for an out with this 8 month BS you keep ramming down everyones throat when you know that is not the case.
                              on top of that you keep posting and trying to bury this tread so no one reads ALL the pages so ill be posting up a new one with al the details when im home.
                              ive brought up sever issues and you havent addressed ONE, you just keep banging your brum about 8 months, and you and i know thats BS.

so what your saying is you had EVERYTHING done 8 months ago correct?
                              Last edited by M3TROY; 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blocke View Post
                                Not taking either side here but wondering:
                                How did you end up taking car to Vlad in the first place? Based on forum rep, or just pics of cars he's done?

Very good question,

I actually saw his car in person a few years ago at a meet but unfortunately I found out he didn't do the work on his car till he started working on mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X