Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Did you just... really?

Comment

is that the ground control coilover conversion kit?

if so how is it? what shocks you running it with?

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
        ^Did you just... really?
        I knew it was a stupid question.........(still don't know the answer)
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          I knew it was a stupid question.........(still don't know the answer)
          lol well put it this way, e85 means 85% ethanol. The gas you put in your car is usually between 0-10% ethanol (depends on where you are). What your thinking of is Octane rating, which has nothing to do with ethanol content.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
            lol well put it this way, e85 means 85% ethanol. The gas you put in your car is usually between 0-10% ethanol (depends on where you are). What your thinking of is Octane rating, which has nothing to do with ethanol content.
            Ohhhh....I thought that the pumps were just 87 89 and 91 generally but I couldn't remember if there was an E in front. thanks haha
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
              is that the ground control coilover conversion kit?

if so how is it? what shocks you running it with?
              The kit is super simple to install if you don't plan on modifying the strut housing. All you need to do is remove the rear springs and replace with the Ground Control kit. The front however, it looks like I'm going to have to modify and flatten then spring cup so the springs sit evenly.

I'm playing this by ear as I haven't seen any write ups where the housings were not shortened and the supplied spacer welded on.

I had an email from the guys at Ground Control explaining what to do, but its been over a year.

I'm running Bilstein Sports right now and if they weren't brand new I'd be regretting that purchase. I'm really worried about blowing them running the coils. Next time I wouldn't be cheap and I would go with the Konis.

No worries about the E85 question, I get that a LOT. I'm sure I could run it on 93 and avoid detonation if I avoid boost. But lets be honest, the only thing the Saab has going for it is the power and the convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                So basically your e30 is more fun to drive/own than a 500tq saab vert?
                I can tell you that any FWD SAAB with more than 250whp is scary to drive, so much chassis flex, I can't even imagine a convertible.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I beleive that lip spoiler is off of an e39 m5?

my brother had one on his e36 and it was perfect. Never knew it would look so good on e30's too!

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                    I can tell you that any FWD SAAB with more than 250whp is scary to drive, so much chassis flex, I can't even imagine a convertible.
                    Every single bushing in the car has been replaced with poly ones. Not to mention that the strut bars look like they could be used a bumpers in a demolition derby.

That being said, any hard acceleration in lower gears does limit steering because, well, the tires are spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Swagg View Post
                      I beleive that lip spoiler is off of an e39 m5?

my brother had one on his e36 and it was perfect. Never knew it would look so good on e30's too!
                      It's either that or an e46 M3 knock off spoiler.

Comment

Awesome, how many miles are on it?

Comment

You better build the e30 to out run the Saab. South Carolina needs another boosted e30!
                          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by RawToast View Post
                            Awesome, how many miles are on it?
                            14x,xxx on the chassis, but the motor had all gaskets changed before install a few weeks back. I believe the SETA motor had less mileage than my car though, so that works out.

Zac, The plan is to eventually sell the SETA motor and put something a little more fun and reliable in there. I'm thinking possibly a 2jz/1jz maybe an SR20. Who knows. I just want something that is made to hold boost from the beginning. I did quite a lot of research a few years ago about boosting the m20b25, but not I'm not sure how well that would go with the mix-match set-up I have at the moment.

Honestly, I want something that can put down a solid 400hp but still made it to the in laws to go pick up my kid.

Right now my biggest priority is to find some wheels that won't break my bank. I have around $800 I'll let myself spend with tires, studs and anything else I might need.

I made a thread in the fitment section but immediately deleted it. I have no idea what offsets work etc. All I know is I prefer a 16 (but I would settle for a 15) and at least a 7.5 or 8in width.

I did vacuum out the car today for pictures but by the time I was done it was already dark. Oh well.

Comment

Haha i think you and I are in the same spot with our cars. Check my thread. I just bought an OEM Is lip and ZHP shift knob. Also just ordered JOM coilovers

Comment

UPDATE!

I sold my Audi that everyone on here hated (I didn't vacuum it or align my grills before posting it for sale on here, lol)

I'll miss her, but she sold for $800 more than I was asking.:) :

But I leave in 2 days to go pick up my e30......and tow down a 1jz with a r154 :)

Comment

Working...
                                X