just hit 220k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just hit 220k

bought my 86 325es last september and it had slightly over 210k on it. today, it just rolled over 220k. i do a lot of driving with it, but a nice chunk of the 10k miles was a road trip to cali where i put 3k on it in 2 weeks. good times. great car. went from this:

to this, in about 48 hours

then some paint for the front spoiler, new wheels, chip, exhaust and im a happy guy.

dyno'd it bone stock and it put down a thundering 90whp. will dyno it again once the long tube headers are on. after that, probably just driving it and maybe a new rear end (3.25lsd) at some point. i have been looking at doing more work to it, but its so nice and simple now. dont want to go messing with it. love the eta!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Good looking car!

COTM

Comment

220k on an e30 is also known as the break-in period

Max

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
        Good looking car!
        thanks, i enjoy going to gtg's and everyone has weaves of some sort except me.:D

Originally posted by broke30 View Post
        220k on an e30 is also known as the break-in period

Max
        :nice: plan on putting a LOT more on this thing.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

clean looking ETA! Like that you are keeping it simple
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            thanks, i enjoy going to gtg's and everyone has weaves of some sort except me.:D
            Haha. At least you don't have to spend time cleaning weaves.

COTM

Comment

Yeeee Simon!!
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Looks great! Are those red tails I spy? I noticed you were missing the top chrome trim piece that goes along the windows on the drivers side, but then saw that it is also gone on the pass side, that a conscious decision or just like the look?

How's the chip? Did you go for the Jim Conforti one from Turner? The eta benefits greatly from the chip, more so than any other BMW engine in terms of hp/torque #'s.

Bring your car to a body shop and have them shoot the mirrors with some paint/clear, it will make your car look so much better. Trust me.

Love your car man. Treat her well

Comment

Looks good man! Much better then it was!
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                    Haha. At least you don't have to spend time cleaning weaves.
                    my #1 reason for not ever buying BBS wheels.

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                    clean looking ETA! Like that you are keeping it simple
                    i love the look, i seriously was grinning from ear to ear when i followed someone else while they drove my car. love the way the meaty tires look on the car.

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                    Yeeee Simon!!
                    thanks buddy! happy belated birthday! meant to text you yesterday, by my life has been a clusterfuck the last month.

Originally posted by ZinnoBerrotEta View Post
                    Looks great! Are those red tails I spy? I noticed you were missing the top chrome trim piece that goes along the windows on the drivers side, but then saw that it is also gone on the pass side, that a conscious decision or just like the look?

How's the chip? Did you go for the Jim Conforti one from Turner? The eta benefits greatly from the chip, more so than any other BMW engine in terms of hp/torque #'s.

Bring your car to a body shop and have them shoot the mirrors with some paint/clear, it will make your car look so much better. Trust me.

Love your car man. Treat her well
                    good eye, they are in fact red tails. one of many things the PO did. the chrome trim was missing when i got the car. i personally wish i had it on there and ive been trying to find a clean set since. it will be back eventually. im also not shadowlining the car.

chip is an ebay special. well worth the $40, but im tempted to buy the comforti chipped ecu thats for sale right now in the classifieds so i can dyno both and see if its worth 3x the $ i spent on the ebay one. really curious what the a/f ratios are on both chips.it would be amazing if i could go back to running 89 or even 87 with a chip. not likely, but it would be nice.

as far as the mirrors go, if i find a set thats already painted, ill buy them. im not much of a bodyshop/ bodywork kind of guy. car needs love on the exterior, but im more concerned with how it runs.

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                    Looks good man! Much better then it was!
                    thanks Austin! I decided not to trade that guy. when he was driving my car and I was driving his, I couldnt wait to get back into mine.

as a gift to the car, I just bought new bushings from blunt. M3 offset CABs, lemfoerder rear trailing arm, subframe and rear diff bushings. probably going to do the whole rear end stuff at once, including changing the diff oil to some redline. not sure of the history of all the parts, so i will have a record going forward.

it also doesnt have a cat right now, but theres one for sale that i might scoop up just in case i move back to CA. i have to stay away from the classifieds lol
                    Last edited by 2mAn; 02-24-2012, 12:28 AM.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Wow! 90 whp... I don't know if I'm impressed or sad to hear that number - maybe somewhere in between. What was the torque?
                      -Nick
                      Originally posted by 87e30
                      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

i was a little disappointed, i was hoping for an even 100whp. 127bhp stock - 20% should be ~100whp, so yea i was kinda sad. the torque however was 133ft/lbs which was exactly what a bone stock PRO3 car also put down with its m20b25 (and also ~135whp). i actually had the ebay chip with me, but the first one didnt work. i actually tried the chip again at the dyno day so im not sure if resetting the ecu did anything. I literally swapped the stock chip back in after the car didnt start with the first ebay chip and drove around the block to warm up the car a little bit, then dyno'd the car that way.

heres some pics from the dyno day for those who enjoy pics more than text

Last edited by 2mAn; 02-24-2012, 12:39 AM. Reason: added dyno day pics
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Very interesting! I wouldn't be to hard on your self, with 220k miles ~10whp lost isnt bad. I have an ebay chip for mine which I love. It woke the car up and it really pulls pretty hard for what ever thats worth. I know its an eta, but I think mines pretty quick.

I've always been interested in the m20b27 motor partly because everyone wants the b25 and then talks shit about the other. Also because it has so much usable torque! I love daily driving it for that grunt. :)
                          -Nick
                          Originally posted by 87e30
                          First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I love my eta, this guy wanted to trade me his 87 IS for mine but after driving the two, I gladly took my car back. The torque is perfect for daily driving. I want to dyno it again once I put the long tube headers in. If I hit 160ft/lbs of torque I could care less how much whp I have, though I hope to get it near 120
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X