Castro Motorsport: Stanced BMW 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castro Motorsport: Stanced BMW 2002

So I finally received some photos from our customer showing off the work performed on his stanced '72 BMW 2002. Matt came to the shop a while ago with his clean blue 2002, inquiring about some exhaust work, a shifter, and most importantly - MOAR LOW! Well Chris (Castro) was up for the task, so they didn't waste much time.

First I'd like to give a little background on Matt's car, as this classic has some history. Matt rescued this 2002 from his uncle's backyard almost 2 years ago. The car was just sitting there, untouched for years, and Matt had always wanted to get it from his uncle. The day finally came where Matt was able to get it, and add to the car's history in his own way. The body is straight, and in pretty damn good shape for a 40 year old BMW! The cream leather interior is mint, and the wood grain, Grant steering wheel really keep this car period correct.

Anyhow, after talking it over with Chris, they decided to do a full header back exhaust with X-pipe, widened rear wheel arches to allow him to poke his wheels out with spacers, build a custom, tall, DTM style shifter, install upgraded Ireland Engineering sway bars and to lower the car with a custom coil-over set-up.

A few specs on the car:

1972 BMW 2002
    Shortened front strut tubes, with custom coil-overs built by Castro Motorsport
    Bilstein Shocks
    Bigger Ireland Engineering front & rear sway bars
    13x8 Rota RB wheels
    215/50/13 Tires
    Offsets: ET 4 front / ET -6 rear
    Full header back exhaust built by Castro Motorsport
    Ireland Engineering front valence

A few pics of the work done at the shop - unfortunately not many pics were taken of the work performed.

Custom Shifter:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Widened Rear Wheel Arches:

And a shameless shop decal photo

And here are the pics that Matt had taken by Sworn2Fun photographer - Manuel Ayala

Last edited by e30polak; 02-27-2012, 04:29 PM.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

nice..
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

looks good, that right arch looks quite off though...
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

fuck yes i love it!!! arches could use a little more love, but amazing car, i love the body color along with the aluminum finish of the wheels.

you guys make some awesome bimmers.

Comment

Looks more like someone's E30 M3 to me. =]
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Those under car shots are of an E30. Cool looking car though!

Comment

Awesome work again! I forgot to ask Chris when I was on the phone with him today if you guys have ever redone 2002 floorboards?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                Those under car shots are of an E30. Cool looking car though!

Oops! Wrong pics!

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  Oops! Wrong pics!
                  ha! might have to change the mod list too. E30M3 cabs would be a tough fit on a 2002...

Fjordblau is one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                    ha! might have to change the mod list too. E30M3 cabs would be a tough fit on a 2002...

Fjordblau is one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!
                    Done, totally mixed up some other pics, and worked off of that. :loco:

Comment

Reverse stanced.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                        Reverse stanced.
                        Definitely not for everyone, I personally wouldn't have touched the wheel fitment. However, the stance suits this car very well.

Comment

saw this car in person. Matt's a little kid with a baller car! trips me out.

Originally posted by yert315
                          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Saw this car roll through the dealership (Beverly Hills BMW) the other day. it made me smile. Can't wait to get my hands on a classic like this.

Comment

i'd daily it

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                              '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                              '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                              '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                              '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X