MattRabbit E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MattRabbit E30

Here is my project car that I've been working on the last couple of months. I have been using this forum for all the info on my swap and now that it is driveable I figured I'd post up some pictures. Take it easy on me, this is still a work in progress.

When I bought this car, it had an M20 that had been ruined by a broken timing belt. I swapped in an M50B25TU motor and ZF trans. Last week I finally got the car on the road and put in the taurusrot interior and fresh taillights (soon to be all red). Obviously the suspension will be one of the next things to be upgraded as the 4x4 mode is not a good look. The engine bay is a little sloppy so I'll also be putting the 318 wiring cover on there and making a proper p/s reservoir mount and intake.

That thing is looking good so far! What suspension are you planning for it?

I can't wait to get my engine swap completed!
    PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
    : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Love the color combo

Comment

nice, needs bigger tires tho
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'm planning bilstein sports with h&r sport springs for now. Depending how things go, I may end up daily driving this car.

I'm very happy with the color combo, i just need to dye the carpet and parcel tray black.

I'm pretty sure the tires are correct. Those wheels are the ix 15". The car just needs to come down an inch or two and I need to make some spacers for the rear.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattrabbit View Post
            T

I'm pretty sure the tires are correct. Those wheels are the ix 15". The car just needs to come down 2-3" and I need to make some spacers for the rear.

Fixed. looks good so far.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

cool car. thought it was an iX for a sec

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I want that interior!

COTM

Comment

Yea, I like it a whole lot. Today I did a quick spray paint job on the faded headlight grills and cracking kidney chrome. Looks much better now.

It looks kind of like the reflective coating inside one of my highbeams is chipping off. I'm wondering if it is worth fixing or if it needs to be replaced. If they can be fixed I will make them into smoked crosshairs while I'm in there.

Comment

Very nice! Ya the engine is a lil sloppy. Get the cover on their and touch up the engine a lil with some paint.
                    '91 318is

Comment

Very nice!.

I use to live in Bloomfield many years ago, about 20 years ago and move right up the street to Newark. Still got some good friends there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !AjHoWzA! View Post
                        Very nice! Ya the engine is a lil sloppy. Get the cover on their and touch up the engine a lil with some paint.
                        Yea, I already have the covers, I just need to trim the one to clear the manifold and then arrange the wires to fit. I guess that should be a priority as the motor is the first thing people want to see.

Comment

fuck the E30, post pics of the scirocco! (hope you're the same guy)
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I assume you mean my 1.8t awd corrado project, unfortunately I didn't finish it and ended up parting it out. Here is a picture of it anyway though.

Comment

I made lots of progress this past week. I swapped out my 3.73 open diff for a freshly rebuild 2.93 LSD.

Cleaned up the rats nest under the hood a bit.

Tinted my rear turn signals red.

And got an idea of how black trim would look with a little help from some electrical tape.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X