Meet my new daily. She's dirty and fat. Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet my new daily. She's dirty and fat. Touring

Was browsing the adds and found this. Thought i'd grab it for parts (oil cooler, turbo kit, thicker shocks in front (51mm), recaro seats, lsd, rear disc brakes etc etc). But it's kinda growing on me, so i'll probably use it as a daily, so that i can build up the white one to be a weekend car.

it's a 2,4td by the way:} so it'll be pretty fast once i'm done setting up the boost pressure, fuel and a few other settings. It should be in m20(m50?)b25 teritory. And still driveable on veggie oil. lol. Not to mention the car cost me only 450$

Soooo...
    the good:
    maintenance up to date
    suspension ok
    lots of good parts

The bad:
    Bodywork is crap. It has a few holes too. Haven't decided what i'll do about it yet.
    Door locks were broken
    It's a bit messy inside, needs a good bath, a few screws and plastic bits.

Just a couple of pics for now

i have a set of wheels and bunch of other stuff waiting for her at home, so..:}

p.s anybody knows what sort of fron valence is that? info on the seats would be appreciated too
    Last edited by mt1addict; 05-17-2012, 02:05 PM.

dat ass

Comment

Cool muffler too, I always liked the look of JDM mufflers but I always hated how loud they are.

Comment

Noriu.. :P
        Calypsorot 2.7L Stroker Turbo - Sold
        2003 Honda Civic- daily
        1997 Eagle Talon TSI - 4g63 awd turbo! PROJECT!

Comment

She needs some TLC, but the end result will be rewarding.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like a fun project.

Originally posted by mt1addict View Post
            p.s anybody knows what sort of fron valence is that? info on the seats would be appreciated too
            The passenger front seat is an Original e30 Recaro seat With the wide head rest I assume. (Actual Recaro, not just the sport seats everyone thinks are recaros). drivers side not sure. Looks to be more or less the same just re-upholstered.. Check the rails to see if they are the same.. Other wise it could be Recaro LS, or a recaro from any number of cars, possibly a golf.

Never seen that valence before.

R.H.D
            M-technic I club

Comment

Good platform, on the valance I want to say that it's some sort of mtech2 but not sure. The seat are definitely RICARDOS., drivers it's off an e21and passenger's may be stock e30.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by zig553 View Post
                Cool muffler too, I always liked the look of JDM mufflers but I always hated how loud they are.
                it's hard to see from the pic, but the muffler is kinda rectangular, not totally JDM'ish and not that loud. So i kinda like it. Just need t raise it up a bit.
                Originally posted by CCCXXVis
                Great find!

Cheers!
                thanks man

Originally posted by Project 325i View Post
                Noriu.. :P
                che, rask konteinerį - galima ir geresnį atplukdyt:)

Originally posted by el bimmer View Post
                She needs some TLC, but the end result will be rewarding.
                she needs a LOT of tlf, and a few panls resprayed. But yes, it'll be sweet once i'm done.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                Good platform, on the valance I want to say that it's some sort of mtech2 but not sure. The seat are definitely RICARDOS., drivers it's off an e21and passenger's may be stock e30.

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post

The passenger front seat is an Original e30 Recaro seat With the wide head rest I assume. (Actual Recaro, not just the sport seats everyone thinks are recaros). drivers side not sure. Looks to be more or less the same just re-upholstered.. Check the rails to see if they are the same.. Other wise it could be Recaro LS, or a recaro from any number of cars, possibly a golf.

Never seen that valence before.
                Thanks for the info guys
                Both seats have BMW written on them, forgot to mention that. And the drivers seat is from a coupe. They're coooomfy too. I'll probably will have to take them out to find a part number and look it up in bmwfans.info

Comment

im kinda liking that valance, its very unique.

Im no expert on recaros, but driver and passenger seem to be of different models judging by the thigh bolster shapes.

Also, please put kidneys on that car and get a MT2 wheel ;)
                  SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                  IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                  BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by mt1addict View Post
                    Thanks for the info guys
                    Both seats have BMW written on them, forgot to mention that. And the drivers seat is from a coupe. They're coooomfy too. I'll probably will have to take them out to find a part number and look it up in bmwfans.info
                    Your passenger front seat is an original e30 RECARO. 100%

This:

Great seats.

Not sure about the drivers without more pics.
                    Valence is definitely not mtechII. It is interesting though..

R.H.D
                    M-technic I club

Comment

Fuuuu I would love to have a diesel E30 touring to use as a daily here. Going to have to go to europe and find one to send home now dammit

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                      Bluebird Bus Conversion
                      New Oregon Trail

Comment

those seats are most likely out of an e21.

the valence looks like some knock-off mtech1 deal. looks great.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

I want this so much - preferrably iX so that I can take all the new and almost new off my e30 and transplant it to the touring

Comment

sooo...Drove to my parents house and spent one day fixing up the car a bit.

Things i did:
                            1. Put some grills i had laying around
                            2. Fixed up the wiring. The drivers side headlight/city lights weren't working.
                            3. Welded in some exhaust brackets. Now it's not hanging on a dog chain. And i mean it literally. It was haging on a dog chain. Which probably cost more than a shop would charge for a proper work. :D

4. Replaced the small ass steering wheel for a Raid. Not ideal, but a lot better.
                            5. Washed the car in and out.

6. Put on Centra Type 8's.

7. Glued the rear glass in. It was wobbly and i could take it off pretty easily.
                            Glad it didn't fell out while i was blasting through the highway.

and finally..
                            Connected the LDA to the intake (wasn't connected at all..)
                            Rotated the fueling pin to the right position, to allow more fuel to be injected on boost.
                            Put in a boost gauge.
                            Replaced the clogged (REALLY clogged) air filter for a sport one
                            Raised the boost pressure up to 20psi
                            Adjusted the fuel
                            Adjusted the accelerator cable

it's FAST now. I'll make a video today.

not bad for one day of work i think.:}

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                            Your passenger front seat is an original e30 RECARO. 100%

This:

Great seats.

Not sure about the drivers without more pics.
                            Valence is definitely not mtechII. It is interesting though..
                            Thanks for the info! I'll take the drivers seat out once i have a bit more time. It's stuck now and i'm driving in gangsta position. fuuuuu

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                            Fuuuu I would love to have a diesel E30 touring to use as a daily here. Going to have to go to europe and find one to send home now dammit
                            that can be arranged. Or i'll trade you for something old and american.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            those seats are most likely out of an e21.

the valence looks like some knock-off mtech1 deal. looks great.
                            took the valence off for some fixing up, couldn't find any markings.

Originally posted by 330i ZHP View Post
                            I want this so much - preferrably iX so that I can take all the new and almost new off my e30 and transplant it to the touring
                            ix'es are overrated.

Comment

CONFIRMED SCAMMER Antonis Palekis.

Comment

Working...
                              X