My Clean but boring 325e (New to r3v)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Clean but boring 325e (New to r3v)

Hello r3v! My name is Eugene and I just recently registered on here and this is my first thread. I have been browsing this site for few years now and I have learned a lot and got tons of technical help and knowledge from here so Im very appreciative of this site. Now on to my car, my first car was a 325e I got it at 16 years old(admittedly I overpaid for it cause I didn't know much haha). It was a nice looking clean and original 325e with 81k miles. Now four years and 28k later its pretty much perfect mechanically and Im ready to sell it and start working on my m30 swapped cabrio e30 (Im the new owner of sefb222's car). I've learned a lot since I bought the 325e, I used to know nothing about actual mechanic work and now I can say Im half decent at wrenching. I did have a lowered suspension on it with 15" BBS mesh wheels at some point but now its stock because I want to sell it as an orignal car. I did sort out several problems with it, the interior is much cleaner now and everything works, I took apart the engine and replaced most of the gaskets (all new gaskets in the head and a new timing-belt / water pump and a tune up) so its leak free now and replaced a bunch of other bits, and I replaced most of the suspension (controls arms, e36 steering rack, new shocks, etc..) The car has 109k on it now and drives really well. What do you guys think its worth? :D

Ahh man, why sell it?
    It looks flawless!
    I say, keep it and put on some euro bumpers and cruise.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

If I had the money I would easily pay over 4k. Quite minty.
      E30 buildy things
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Im glad you guys like it, I would love to keep it and put some euro bumpers and euroweaves on it but I need to sell it so I can have some money to put into my convertible. Unfortunately the car is not perfect, I forgot to mention the drivers seat bolster is slightly cracked, the dash has some small cracks and there is a small area above the taillight that is dented in a tiny bit and is painted with touch up paint lol. Here is a pic: Other than that the paint and body is all original.

Comment

Don't sell it.
          1989 M3
          2008 135i 6sp

Comment

verts are wack!
            keep the coupe.

Comment

Your fucking seats recline? Df is this witchcraft

Comment

fix the dent, wrap that car up, and sit it in the back of some garage for the next 15 years and you will have a gold mine.
                nice keeping it original. Just bought another e30 this week that I plan on doing the exact same to. Original is kinda cool in its own ugly way.

Comment

Quite clean indeed

Comment

hi
                    i dont know your answer , sorry for that ...
                    -----------------
                    Animation Tutorial

Comment

Wow that is super clean. Loving the tan sport seats. Granted it's an E, but being so clean and well maintained with lower mileage I wouldn't think $3500-4 would be out of the question.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I like it...all OEM and stuff.
                        If you have a garage, do keep it stored with occasional outings, but that can be an expense with the car just sitting for lengths of time and gremlins popping up.

You can also get it repaired which should be not that much...still cheaper than a new car, but without all of the features of modern cars (sat-nav/bluetooth/etc) but will be just as reliable.

That's how I got started with my E30 a few years ago...it started out as a second car so I would not ruin my 'nice' car. THen it turned out to be fun to drive, reliable and just plain nice, so I repainted the E30 and made it look all nice and sold the 'nice' car. E30 has been my daily car since mid summer of '08 or so.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with it. :)

Comment

OP, you could get a new (well.. used, but new to you) dash and seat bolster for under $200. steam clean and dye the carpet tan again for less than $100. swap in a stock headunit.

as far as the dent by the taillight.. sanding that thing down to metal, pulling the dent, por15, primer, filler, sealer, paint, clear, and redoing the pinstripe could probably be done for under $200 materials cost.

it looks really clean and selling it as an original, trouble free, low-miles car could fetch a nice price. i honestly think you could sell it for $5000 to the right buyer (ie, not on these forums).

Comment

god damn that thing is high!!!

ive never seen a e30 rock crawler before...
                            1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                            1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                            1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                            guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                            Originally posted by ak-
                            Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Yes stock e30's are extremely high, at least you dont have to worry about speed bumps which is actually really nice haha. Im glad you guys like it and I posted it on Craigslist for $4k so we will see how it goes. As tempting as it is to make it perfect and keep it forever it is hard when you have a convertible like this sitting around and you have too choose one. Although I will agree coupes are better than convertibles, the coupe definitely handles better, the chasis flex of the convertible is very obvious when you can drive the two side by side. Also found a pic of how the e looked before I brought it back to stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X