Meine 1990 Alpineweiss II M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meine 1990 Alpineweiss II M3

First drive up to work/on the interstate today! I found several things I'm going to need to address, but I am in love with the potential this car has and the major difference in engine compared to my other BMW. I have an '86 325es that I fixed a lot on including the suspension so if a 325es can turn out awesome I know how good this M3 is going to turn out!

I bought the car sight unseen from California and although the seller (will not mention who right now) seemed like an OK guy on the phone and through the purchasing process I found several things with the car that were not right.

Either way I don't want to dwell on all of that and am very excited to get started getting this thing to where I want it!

With my buddies e36 M3:

With the 325es:

instagram: @tonerrrr
    High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

looks like a really nice car.
    what's wrong with it?

Comment

Was this the car with those hideous LM's and tiny tires on it?

Max

Comment

no, that car sold with stock wheels and remains in CA. The car looks good but you are asking for it if you buy a car sight unseen.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by broke30 View Post
          Was this the car with those hideous LM's and tiny tires on it?

Max
          I think that was the only 90 Alpineweiss car that has sold recently.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Nothing major wrong with it that I know of, just certain things. I'm not going to get into it as I want to stay positive and this is not a "f that guy" thread.

The car is definitely a blast, I really wish I got into BMW's 5+ years ago!

I'm going to have the car entirely looked over by a local shop to see where I'm at to decide what to tackle first. Like I said, I'm really excited to be in a M3!

Comment

That is by bar my favorite car ever. I envy you.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I<3BMW View Post
                That is by bar my favorite car ever. I envy you.
                Get one man! This is my favorite car ever and like I said before I wish I more seriously got into these cars earlier. I still "want" other cars but this is the one.

I learned that you do get a lot of the M3 experience getting a regular e30 but if you plan on getting one in the future (like I did) you should just go for it. There are a lot of things to consider still of course depending on ones situation etc.

Comment

Working...
                X