My New Mauritisblau Cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Mauritisblau Cabriolet

I wanted to introduce myself and my new acquisition. I’ve been lurking on r3vlimited for a few months now in the search of a nice clean 325ic. I just wanted something to tinker with. I finally found one and have had it about a week now.
    It’s a ’92 Mauritisblau-metallic cab with just over 93k miles. Here are some quick shots, sorry for not using a crummy cell phone for the pics:

It in fairly good shape but it is showing its age. Over the past week I’ve been making my list of “things to do” and have my short list made up:
    1) Replace the windows switches – I tried to rebuild them but 3 are beyond help
    2) Replace the headlights – I believe that these are original, they rival a candle with the amount of light they put out, I went with upgraded Hella H4’s/H1’s, should arrive in the next few days
    3) Charge the A/C – the person I bought the car from said that the A/C worked great, I found out that it won’t keep up with AZ heat. Going to try and get this done in the next week or so.
    4) Adjust the valves – Oil & timing belt are current, but the engine sounds a little rough
    5) Full Detail – the paint & interior are in great shape, paint a little dull, and the leather is way too “shiny”.
    6) Adjust the fit of the top – the top doesn’t seal against the body on the driver’s side, it sits up about ½ inch, need to research how to correct this, any advice would be welcomed.
    7) Suspension upgrade – The rear shocks remind me of riding in a taxi in Mexico, a little floating up/down action going on, and the front struts feel shot. I’m currently researching suspension upgrades and I’m leaning towards the H&R Touring cup kit with matched shocks/struts/springs. I would welcome any feedback from anyone that has these installed on a cabriolet.
    8) Wheels & tires – been researching different options, thinking I may go with this: photoshopped XXR530’s

This isn’t my first E30, In ’94 I bought this: ’88 E30 325is (pic was taken in ’98 when I sold it)

Then sold it when I moved to Ireland…
    When I returned I bought this: ’00 E46 323i, slightly modified

Then I sold the 323i and bought this: ’04 E46 M3, slightly modified

I’m keeping the M, they will have to pry it out on my cold dead hands. I’m the original owner and out of 134k, I have put all but 75 miles on it.
    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say that this site has a lot of really good info on it. If you find that I don’t post much, its usually because I found the “search” button ,
    Thanks for reading,
    Cheers,
    RR
    '04 M3 - Current
    '91 325ic - Current
    '00 323i - Sold
    '88 325is - Sold

Congrats on the the new car, it looks pretty mint compared to alot of e30s when theyre first purchased. Are you planning to make it into a daily?

Comment

Thanks.... No, it won't be a daily, but it may be an "every other daily", its already hard not jumping into my M when I need to go somewhere...
      '04 M3 - Current
      '91 325ic - Current
      '00 323i - Sold
      '88 325is - Sold

Comment

Here is a pic of the interior, its really clean...

'04 M3 - Current
        '91 325ic - Current
        '00 323i - Sold
        '88 325is - Sold

Comment

Super clean car! I would vote classier wheels than those XXR's, though :\ Just my opinion...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Good looking car. Love that color blue.

Current: '92 325i Vert

Past: '84 Euro 320i -Had to leave in Italy

Comment

Sweet! Nice Collection!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Super clean car! I would vote classier wheels than those XXR's, though :\ Just my opinion...
                I agree, but nonetheless, good looking original car.
                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                1991 318is - Sold
                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Great lookin car and agree with the others, I'd go with a nice set of weaves.
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

How about a 5 spd in there?

Comment

Very pretty car! Congradulations
                      disregard women, acquire currency.

Comment

my favorite color of any e30, nice ride!
                        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

One on my favorite colors...with a blue top. +1 on a better choice of wheels. Once you bring it down a bit, you'll see that it wont look bad with the 14" and some spacers (~10mm)

COTM

Comment

sexy as FUCK... one day i will own a mauritisblau vert... one day
                            Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                            Girls can be "friends"?

I always thought they were just like my car. I get one I like and hold onto it for a while. Starts breaking and shit....flip it.

Comment

Reminds me of my car when I bought it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X