pete's 318i (first car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30pete
    thats my sister, and tha isnt the passenger side, lol, nah im a holden boy (aussie car) and all the vl's (type of holden) have RB's (same as skylines) there cheap and they hammer :)
    RB30Es are nothing like "proper" Skyline motors (RB26DETT, RB25DET), just the same as your M40 is nothing like the S14 2.3L 4cyl found in the E30 M3.

For RB motors, you'll find the length of them are all wrong for fitting in an E30 engine bay as well. Quite a few people do SR20DET conversions, but for the cost (especially insurance), you may as well swap in a turbocharged M20B25 2.5L out of an E30 325i or just buy a 200SX/Skyline...
    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo
      bam bitch

Dont be ghey.
      explain how putting in a more powerful engine makes him ghey?

e30pete- they never meant M5 engine, just an M50 series, from the next model 3 series. Not worth it though IMHO.

Listen to Iain, he correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat
        Listen to Iain, he correct.
        Fuck me, i'm fucking framing that!!!
        Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Iain
          RB30Es are nothing like "proper" Skyline motors (RB26DETT, RB25DET), just the same as your M40 is nothing like the S14 2.3L 4cyl found in the E30 M3.

For RB motors, you'll find the length of them are all wrong for fitting in an E30 engine bay as well. Quite a few people do SR20DET conversions, but for the cost (especially insurance), you may as well swap in a turbocharged M20B25 2.5L out of an E30 325i or just buy a 200SX/Skyline...
          There are heaps of RB series motorswaps - I can think of at least 3 in Auckland, New Zealand alone.

Comment

There's an RB25DET-converted E30 in QLD as well, but the amount of cutting and shutting they had to do.... *cries*

Why bother cutting up the engine bay and going through all that headfuck when you could source a better motor that'll drop straight in, or even better... just buy a fucking turbo Jap import!
            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Welcome Pete!!
              You will get along well with Iain, I can just see the two of you cruising in your E30s with your HSV and Streetmachine Ts heheh, jokes mate,
              Very clean looking car and great starting point.

I am so wearing my summernats tshirt to national meet hehe

Old skool fool

Comment

Shouldn't you have a Nismo shirt, Mr Rsebandit@snotmail.fag?

Fucking Skyline driving fags with blonde tips that want to be in New Kids On The Block, or Take That...
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

my mistake with saying rb30 was skyline, i ment rb20 and such
                  and old323, cruising in me E30 with my HSV and Streetmachine T, exactly correct. thats me 100%, lol, cant forget about my summernats singlet, lol i plan to have it cruiseing at summernats 20

Comment

also guys im having trouble with rims, what ones to get??, all i know is they have to be chrome, 5 spoke and id like 17's, the down side is they have to have the 4-stud pattern, al the wheels ive liked at 5 stud, please help

Comment

Mille Miglia makes some. If you can find some older pictures of jordans car he had some.
                      HDE30 <3

Comment

I would normally NEVER help someone wanting to put chrome 17s on an E30, but here is a page of cheap ('cause you're a P-plater) chromies in an E30 fitment.

Personally, I think they're rancid and people that put them on their car have the intelligence of a dead koala, but each to their own...

There are much better choices on their site, but you'll need some spacers for them. Carshine sell bolt-up, hubcentric spacers for around $250 for a set of 4 which will open up a HUGE range of 4-stud wheels. I've bought a set for my car and they look awesome. You'll need to get the spacers engineered, however (not too hard judging by the quality).

I was thinking of these wheels for my car... cheap at $1300 incl. tyres

Other possibilities

Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

thats dude, much apreciated, i was think bout going with the Gestalt Virouge, they dude look alright, but i went to autosalon and everysecond car had them, i also thought of the Verde Stilleto, and still am, how much would it cost to convert to a 5 stud pattern, heaps??? not worth it??

Comment

Working...
                          X