• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was OP banned?
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
      I know this is an old thread, and the OP is banned, but does anyone have pics of the inside of fenders like this? Can this all be done without painting it? I feel like a good fender puller can pull the fronts like that without cracking it, and could the rears be modified that much just by sawing out the inside? How do you stop it from rusting?
      wonder why he got banned.

cut inside fender lip

make the inside smooth

roll fenders a lot at a slow pace and keep the outside flat and massage the fender slowly with the roller. its all about metal control. when massaging it you want to feel the fender, make sure it expands evenly, and its at the right heat to stretch or bend. its risky business stretching it that much but to each their own.

paint can crack depending on how old, thick, type of paint it is, and you can't really predict if it will crack or not or stretching with the metal ect. Stretching that much you will crack paint, you can see on the lip nothing you can do about it. Paint can only stretch to an extent.

preventing rust? lol Primer paint?

i know this because ive seen it done many times and and know a couple of people.
      Last edited by knuklehead92; 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

So you basically cut a slit in it and then fold it all up as much as possible? I've just been talking to Taylor and he says it's possible to just bend it in with a hammer/fender roller. I don't need mine pulled way too much, but the inside of a vert's double wall rear quarters sticks out like an inch which is 25mm of offset that i'm missing out on.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          So you basically cut a slit in it and then fold it all up as much as possible? I've just been talking to Taylor and he says it's possible to just bend it in with a hammer/fender roller. I don't need mine pulled way too much, but the inside of a vert's double wall rear quarters sticks out like an inch which is 25mm of offset that i'm missing out on.
          basically. you have to use the roller and go back and forth very slowly, stretching the metal and once up to heat use the hammer on certain spots that will need attention. its hard to put everything in a nutshell. you have to know what your doing or can make a big dent and crack your paint.

its like fucking minesweeper one wrong move boom, you got to learn the pattern and how metal reacts to the curves when stretching in different places.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

How does that setup need that much pull...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

feckn hell.. I would of just got the guards rolled by a mobile guy for 120 bucks... least then you can still keep the beautiful e30 lines of the arches
              Boris - 89 E30 325i
              84- E30 323i

Comment

Anyone know why he was banned and how to get in touch with him?

Comment

There is literally no reason for anyone to ever flare the rear lip like that.
                  It doesn't do anything to prevent rubbing considering rear e30 arches aren't positively sloped enough to let the tire clear when pushing out offsets like that..
                  It's all in the inner lip and double walled metal work. Stop ruining rear fenders!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X