Projekt Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projekt Vert

I know everyone loves teasers and I think it progressed alot for a thread.

Brief background:
    '88 325i, Auto, M20 w/ 110K miles, CirrusBlau exterior, Indigo interior

My father in law purchased the car in NJ for the summer about 10 years ago. He only drove it that summer and left it in storage for 6 years (He cranked the car every month). He later found out that I have a fascination for e30s and he gave to me for Christmas. Since I'm living in Costa Rica I shipped it down here and had the car

Here are some pics

Then I purchased a set of BBS RS (Specs: 5x120 Front:16x8 et11, Rear: 16x9 et24)

Had them refinished

If you were wondering, the offset is too low and 5Lug, so I purchased a set of adapters from Ethan at 8380 Laboratories great service, quality, I highly recommend.

Some pics at the body shop.

Stretched fender for the BBS

Mtech2 front and rear bumer w/ valance installed(purchased from the UK)

The car is getting painted right now. I will update as it progress.

Forgot to mention, its currently sitting on Bilstein Sport and ST Lowering Springs
    Last edited by -negrito-; 10-29-2012, 12:23 PM. Reason: bad link in one of the photos

I lime this...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

mucho bueno
      sigpic

Comment

Not trying to be a dick but why didn't you pull the hood and trunk badges off, they just pull off, way easier and better than masking them off
        1987 325ic
        2001 996tt
        2000 996c2 vert
        2008 b7 s4
        2008 ml550

Comment

Originally posted by Buzztt View Post
          Not trying to be a dick but why didn't you pull the hood and trunk badges off, they just pull off, way easier and better than masking them off
          Same very thought I had.

I love where this is going though: MTII, new paint, splits <3
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Glad you guys like it so far.

Originally posted by Buzztt View Post
            lol!!!I asked the same exact question to the body guy when I was there. His assistant covered it. I dont care if badges get painted on. I have a second set at home.

Comment

check out my thread for my vert build.

Comment

I would make them remove the badges to be sure everywhere gets painted.

Comment

thats the right way to do it^ same with the windshield, rubbers, washers and door handles. for e30s their less time to remove than to tape. more access for sanding and better application of coats/clear, and protection from overspray. good luck with the projekt tho, we all live n learn ;)

Comment

They removed the badges when they painted yesterday

Little update

They will wet sand and polish tommorow

Comment

Good job! We are neighbors,I live in Panama, I purchased a single owner euro 316i in panama and I will ship my 93 Laguna vert down next summer from NJ where she is getting work done to her at AMS, maybe we can meet up..e30's Central America.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                        Good job! We are neighbors,I live in Panama, I purchased a single owner euro 316i in panama and I will ship my 93 Laguna vert down next summer from NJ where she is getting work done to her at AMS, maybe we can meet up..e30's Central America.
                        My dad is from Panama originally from Colon but he live in Punta Pacifica. One of these day I'm driving down there we could meet up

Comment

nice color choice

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                          click here for details

Comment

not liking the fender work at all thus far, well see how the final product looks once wheels are on
                            1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                            2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                            <<Flickr>>

Comment

I loved well pulled fenders :D
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                              X