The importance of post-processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The importance of post-processing

I just thought I'd show some of the stuff you can do to resurect poor photos in Photoshop, to give you guys some more motivation to spend a little time fixing up your pics before you post them. These are examples from the last photoshoot I posted. The pics turned out like shit, but they were salvagable.

Original:

Edited:

Original:

Edited:

Original:

Edited:

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

dang man...nice work

I wish i had PS
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Great inspiration. Exactly the sort of thing I need to motivate me.

Can you give us a quick list of your recommended editing software, from free downloads to expensive applications.

Cheers TJ
      Ash

Cone dodging dog-leg e30

Comment

is it just contrast and brightness or what

Comment

I use Adobe Photoshop CS. I use Levels, Color Balance, Unsharp Mask, Clone and Healing Brush tools, dodge/burn, paths to mask certain areas for specific color adjustment, and a few other tricks.

Ash, I don't really have much experience with anything but Photoshop. I've been using it since PS 4. It's basically the industry standard, I really wouldn't recommend anything else.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Why did the photos themselves suck, TJ? ;)

Comment

Because I am still new at this, don't know the camera, and started shooting 20 minutes after the sun had set already.

RISING EDGE

Comment

well in all honesty they weren't bad to begin with, other than the lack of proper lighting.

Comment

Those are horrid!

:)

Comment

Nice post TJ.

It's really nice to show everyone what can be done in PS, especially how you can take a photo that may be sub-par and change it dramatically with cropping and many other tricks. Those examples really illustrate the point at hand. I'm still learning a lot of PS, but I'm currently going through the same thing of taking pictures from my pictures hard drive and re-working them into better products. I'm happier with a lot of the re-working.

If you guys can get ahold of a copy and work with it, learn as much as you can, it can do a lot for all the pictures you take.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                      Because I am still new at this, don't know the camera, and started shooting 20 minutes after the sun had set already.
                      OK, at least you didn't blame the equipment for 3/3.

Seriously though what kind of camera?

Comment

When TJ lacks new mods, he seeks verbal blowjobs for photoshop skills. Of old photos. That everyone has seen.

Ha!

Comment

Wanted to Hire: Photoshop editor to make my pictures look pimp like tjs :(
                          Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

for guys that don't have PS try downloading picassa from google. Its free so if you don't like it no harm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
                              OK, at least you didn't blame the equipment for 3/3.

Seriously though what kind of camera?
                              Canon Digital Rebel with a Sigma 18-50 f/3.5 lens. It's my brothers camera and I've only used it once or twice, so I am pretty unfamiliar with DSLR's in general.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                              X