E30 325i.. Daily but project-to-be (PICS A PLENTY)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bangn
    replied
    simple Rasta yute... I dont want anyone copying me :)

    the wheels Im happy to share, but not the seats. They are from a company here in Australia called "wheel warehouse" they are 17x8.5 all round.. +20 offset with 5mm spacers.

    look whats poking through the floor now

    Leave a comment:


  • salty
    replied
    great work very clean

    Leave a comment:


  • rasta_yute
    replied
    Why won't anyone post details on the seats and wheels?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways87
    replied
    Very nice car.

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    Box and pedalbox is out, clutch line is in. Just need to cut out the section in the firewall and do a reverse procedure with an extra pedal. Pelicans only just sent my stuff today, so pedalbox will be whats holding it up.


    Very suprised not to find any rust here.

    white headlight rings

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    repping the squad sticker


    spoiler on

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    new spoiler

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    ok.. after weeks of research I have compiled a list of components that will be used in this build. Every part I have gone into a fair bit of research into finding out pros/cons/reviews and hopefully It will perform the way I want it to.

    Turbo -
    Garret 3076R GTX ballbearing
    .63 Rear V band
    .60 A/R

    Wastegate -
    44mm Tial

    Sump -
    Ishihara-Johnson Telflon Crank scraper (the reason I chose a teflon item over the steel is the clearance that can be had to the crankshaft.... .005"!
    Ireland engineering oilpan Baffle

    Bottom End -
    Pauter 135 Xbeam Con Rods with ARP bolts (500g a rod)
    CP Carillo custom pistons for 135 rods and 2.7 ETA crankshaft 8.5:1cr
    2.7 Crank
    Ballanced and blueprinted bottom end.
    ACL Race bearings ceramic coated
    ARP Headstuds
    MLS Headgasket from VAC motorsports

    Head -
    Metric mechanic Beehive ovate springs and retainers/perches
    Ireland Engineering H/D shotpeened rocker arms
    Ireland Engineering 1mm oversized stainless valves
    VAC upgraded valve guides
    VAC Mild grind turbo camshaft
    Welded waterjackets
    Polished ports and combustion shamber.

    Fuel-
    Bosch 040 Lift pump
    1.5L Surge Tank
    Bosch 044 Push pump
    Seimens Delca 835cc injectors (80lb)
    AFPR (not sure on what one im going to use yet)

    Intake-
    Ceramic coated intake plenum inside and out

    Not overly sure on what ECU I will be going with as yet, I intend to get Andrew at hyperdrive here in WA to tune it, so it will come down to what hes most comfortable using. Im choosing him as I know he doesnt push boundaries and is a safe tuner.

    also doing a oilfilter re-location too, however I am still researching into the quality of some brands available. It will be -AN fittings thats for sure!

    Ideally I will be stoked if I can reach 450rwhp at 20psi.. but we will see.. I am just looking to build a strong engine that I can still enjoy just driving around.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattAvino
    replied
    Lookin good.




    Who makes your seats?

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    Got a letter today saying Borris is to be picked up on the 19th.. thought I would start by saying sorry and build him a new spoiler.

    sneak peak..


    First layer of fibreglass is on, hopefully by tomorrow arvo the gelcoat will be on and ready for sanding and spot filling. Makes the Mtech1 spoiler look like a wimpy girl, but should look very tough on.

    also finished prepping my rocker cover perfectly flat, High temp primer and got the colour ready to go on. (atlantis blue)


    ordered some more goodies from pelican too.

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    Originally posted by grays
    why are you changing the color of the car? it looks good
    because I want some more colour in it, mum had an atlantis m3, loved the colour! it looks clean and fresh on e30s

    Leave a comment:


  • grays
    replied
    why are you changing the color of the car? it looks good

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    [img]heres some pics to bring back the thread.

    Shaved covers, going to paint them in Atlantis blue as ultimatly thats what colour the cars going to be, however I am going to add my own wording on the cover.. Im thinking BMW Turbo in the same lettering as the B7 Turbo badges. Lettering would be white.


    went and digged my costic ass battery acid degreaser from storage to make my manifold nice and clean.. Acid bath didnt seem to remove the oil buildup inside the runners.


    as you can see just a little bit more cleaning until its perfect.

    oil filter housing




    polished front cover


    Freshened up lifting point


    Re-sprayed manifold bracket


    catfish


    Have some stuff ready for paint tomorrow, mainly original pulleys/oil return pipe and water pipe that need re-spraying black.[/img]

    Leave a comment:


  • ANDRÜ
    replied
    Looks great. What wheels are those?

    Leave a comment:


  • bangn
    replied
    stuff came back from the acid baths today, must of been a pretty agro mix as ive lost the ally shine it once had.. Bit of 0000 steelo will fix that up tho.






    im trying to get some prices on getting my timing covers and accessory brackets plated... trying to find someone who doesnt want to handball me to someone else is the challenge. Perth is shit, is it any wonder people go interstate or overseas or souce stuff. Its impossible to deal with anyone over here, you either dont get a call back or they dont want the work.

    Leave a comment:

Working...