No announcement yet.

Another boring Mtech 2 thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMAZING find. I hope everything works in your favor with the shipping company.

Comment

nice!! no sunroof, great deal!!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
      http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
      Few pictures:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

Nothing too exciting this yet, I just got bored tonight and decided to finish taking out the interior. Only thing left to do now is remove the dash, but I'll save that for later.

car resting in the garage. Got some new work lights at Rona for 40 bucks each. They light up the garage perfectly so it's like working outside in the sunlight. Dual 1k watt lamps running a halogen bulb. Note the valance hanging off =(

never got a shot of the engine. It's definitely not a looker, and if I were to guess I'd say it has never been cleaned in it's life.

Got bored and took off the valve cover. Looks healthy, right?! If i get REALLY bored I may dissemble the engine and make something out of it

back seats out

driver side. carpet out so I can find rust.

passenger. There might be some rust developing under the sound deadening.

This is concerning. It's on the passenger side. One of two things could be happening: Either the lamination is degrading due to a leaky passenger footwell so it no longer sticks properly OR rust has formed and is having it's way. I'll be buying some dry ice to remove all that sound deadening anyhow, so once I clean up all the dust and shit inside, and remove that tar, we'll have a better idea of what's going on.

this steel braided cable is running up on the passenger side foot well. It's not connected to anything (probably should be), but I can't remember seeing it on my 318is. Anyone know what it's for?

It also appears that somewhere along the line a Clifford alarm system was installed. Wiring is all over the place, and half the actual system parts are missing unfortunately. Once the dash is out, i'll take my time to clean up all the wiring, re tape it, and make it all neat and tidy

That's it for today. Not much left to do other than remove the dashboard, clean up the dust that's collected over the years, and pop the engine out.
        Last edited by smerfs; 12-10-2012, 02:39 AM.
        320I - under construction

Comment

What interior is that? Bought complete interior like that and door cards at pick n pull for 85 bucks lol you've got yourself a sweet deal man, can't wait to see the finished product!
          "Do what you love, and love what you do" -Ray Bradbury

Comment

it's anthrazit, only damage on it is the driver side bolster has a tear. Since it's the same as my 318is interior, i'm going to mix and match parts and just create a minty set. Considering selling it to get an e30 m3 interior though...

Comment

What a find.. So much potential wow
              Work We Do
              CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
              http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Well just a little update:

Got the 318is back from insurance and have begun tearing it down and parting it out. Usable parts will be swapped over to the mtech 2 car shortly as well.

Right now I'm waiting for garage space to do the suspension swap. Hopefully I can start in the next few weeks.

Only progress has been that I cleaned the shit out of the shell removing all the dust I could find, removed sound deadening in the trunk (spur of the moment rust hunt thing), found 1 rust hole in the floor board, and 1 hole in the battery tray area. I have a couple weeks off after new years so I will remove the engine and prep the bay

Currently, I'm busy sourcing parts to put together an s52 swap. So that's a little taste of what's to come :)

Things will get moving in the next couple of weeks

PS: check out my thread if you need parts http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273895

Comment

Good stuff man. I saw this car on Alberta Kijiji when I was looking for mine and remember considering it, but I was afraid that if it wasn't in the greatest condition, I simply wouldnt have the time to bring it up to my standards. I'm glad someone here picked it up and is giving it a good home!
                  Originally posted by 36brua
                  Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                  Patryk:up:
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I cant wait to see this car as you get to work on it. Post more pics as you go, even of boring shit like rust holes. Its my dream to pick up a cheap rarity like this and slowly restore it.

This is so cool
                    Originally posted by BewWoo
                    That's what she said.

Comment

Look forward to seeing this come along.
                      View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

i htought 320 was the italian m3 with the s14 no?

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                          i htought 320 was the italian m3 with the s14 no?
                          That's the 320is.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            That's the 320is.
                            +1, 320is was also only available in italy (if i remember correctly). The 320i with the full mtech package is apparently quite common in europe/japan.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit - I've been dying to wash and detail it. I have 1 solid lead on an s52 right now, so hopefully I can pick that up.

A big announcement is that I've set up an appointment for my electrician friend to install a 240v socket to run our space heater! no more cold fingers :o

Comment

Working on getting you all the info so you can have the S52
                              Work We Do
                              CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                              http://www.catuned.com

Comment

yeah this is fasho not a 320is... i think its a 320i.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X