My 1985 325e [Picture Heavy]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wardie
    replied
    OH just by the way, turned out to be a screwy ECU. Gave it to a local guy and fixed it right up.

    NOW!

    Car starts, clutch wont shift. Isn't slave cylinder.
    Rear subframe is sitting to high and pushing the drive line into the fuel tank.

    So I gotta pull the subframe again and repress the bushings.
    Gotta pull the transmission and find out what the hells going on.... again.

    Anyone want a project car? :down:

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    So, coil has power but not spark.
    Ran the green/red c104 wire to + on coil and nothing still.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Unplugged both obc relay and unit. Still nothing.
    Could it be a c101 issue I rewired those.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Alright I'll try after work and let you know what happens. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    The "anti theft" system on the OBC sometimes gets super fucky and will cause things such as this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Well obc turns on and all that jazz. I know if it's unplugged it won't work. If it's unplugged though does that by pass something and allow the coil to get power?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    The OBC won't work when unplugged, but all you want to do is test to see if that is your issue or not. If it isn't, then plug it back in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    If I unplug it would it still work? Crank sensors brand new, not sure how I'd wire it backwards. Shock tower doesn't have power but when I use it as a ground it shows the coil getting power but if I check the two poles on the coil I don't get any read.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Unplug the obc and the obc control box that mounts to the firewall. Look at your fuse able link and crank sensor as well. Make sure you didn't wire your harness backwards. Your shock tower shouldn't have any power...

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Can you just bypass it with jumperwire??

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Yeah I was having problems with it before the car was done. I will check it tomorrow after work. I'm frozen and tired haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Wardie
    That's really interesting... I just googled "e30 obc relay" and came up with some other instances of this making the car not run...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied


    Maybe my OBC?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    I have a multimeter, with car in the on position and I do power to power and ground to ground I get a blip of power then reads 0. If I do power to strut tower ground I get 11v-12v. Leads me to believe something with the ground. The ground goes straight into the ecu.

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Is the ignition controlled by MS2 at all? OR is it ALL mechanical?

    Leave a comment:

Working...